Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

This is my response to the "introduce yourself" request.

Call me V.

I work in the southeast as a Senior trainer for a contractor.

I deal with several satellites, all bands; mainly commercial data and voice services. (Never residential), unless you're one of my neighbors.

I joined this forum to share and reap information.

I've been in electronics since the early '70s (at pretty young age) and have some military experience. I like test equipment and RF.

I have no time or patience for marketing, salesmen and spam (unless it's turkey spam), but love to help "Joe" (an expression, not the plumber).

I love copper; I hate plumbing, unless it's waveguide.

Reply to me directly, if you dare, but it may not get to me until I enable senders to reach me, whenever I figure out I won't get spam.

Short-term goal: get a Buddy or Birdog (these are satellite signal identifiers, for those wondering) within 45 days, although a distributor advised me to wait a few weeks as another device is about to debut. I am searching this site for like-minded opinions on existing and soon-to-be-released equipment. Anyone feeling like pointing me to the proper forum, please do so. BTW, I normally use HP/Agilent/Wiltek/TEK spectrum analyzers to accomplish the task.

Cheers,
-V

Wow, Welcome indeed. You just started a few days ago and are already a PUB member. Thanks. Now maybe some of these other guys will get the hint and help us out. LOL :D

Wow, Welcome indeed. You just started a few days ago and are already a PUB member. Thanks. Now maybe some of these other guys will get the hint and help us out. LOL :D
Suck up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Good for you V!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I don't charge anything for my inane, and pointless commentary!:D:D:D

It's a two way street.;)

One day Ramy, I promise. I do live on Detroit.:(

Lets not ruffle any feathers here!

box.gif

Might be in the wrong place on this site ???

Hi all. Yesterday I ditched the DISH and I'm in the process of going back to BUD. I'm so tired of the nickel and dime DISH and DIRECTV mentality. I felt like a complete idiot having to buy their "packages" to get the few channels I wanted, and still I couldn't get WHAT I wanted. So, I'm going to attempt to go back in time to 1984 when I had my first Earth Terminal receiver ( hence my user name ) and cable stations had no commercials! That's the other reason I hate paying DISH, why am I paying them to watch channels LOADED with commercials? This used to be free, the commercials pay for the programing. Anyway, I'm now in search of equipment, and I logged on here in hopes of finding valuable info I might need for the installation. So much has changed since 1984. Just tonight I realized all the "birds" I remembered are gone, replace with many more new and more powerful satellites. I'm excited, once again. The thrill of building it myself, having complete control over it, buying only what I want .... it's long overdue. I'm only sorry to see that the big dish is isn't used much anymore. Why? I just don't get it.

OK enough. Just thought I'd let you in on my project. Anyone with similar interest, thoughts, I'm sure I can use them. Thanks

Earth Terminal!

Iceberg, I was expecting you! I've read many of your posts here, which is why I logged onto the site tonight as a member. Bear with me, this site is a bit bloated and hard to navigate as a newcomer. I'm not sure, nor do I have the time right now, to learn the ropes. Instead I'm reading old install books and running in and out with compass in hand to locate the Clark Belt in this new location of mine. I looked at FTA systems, but I'm after news channels and movie channels. I have no problem paying for the services, as long as I get what I want. I've located a 10' brand new Sami dish, and found a 4Dtv receiver, I think .... I looked at the new offerings from Skyvision on W5 since all the Ku band stuff has recently moved over to W5 as C band. It's great, but I can't get any news networks there, must be able to go to G3 for that. Besides, I'm hoping to be able to receive more HD as it becomes available on C band. It's alot to handle, but I'm just totally burnt out with both DISH and DIRECT. This is my last hope!

Earth Terminal

Thanks for your note. I'm sure I'll be asking your advice in the future. You seem to on top of many things here. Just what I might need. Thanks again

New and Hello!

I am new to this forum and hopefully you can help me resolve an ongoing issue. When I signed up for Direct TV my wife was told that Satellite Reception is not an option from an installer. I am tired of Comcast and refuse to sign up for them. I have been on rabbit ears for about 6 months and can't believe Fios is not even an option. Its not like I live in Alaska. I'm 25 minutes outside of Philadelphia.

My full time job, I drive a 36' Satellite production Truck for Fox News with 2 Direct TV systems. I am a field Satellite Engineer/photojournalist. I use to install for Comcast back in college and personally saw some of the subcontractors they hire to do the installs. (not to trash them but phew!)

I feel my personal property's installation situation was to complicated to allow a quick install and the installer decided to move on and reject my property.

Now, I need to install a direct tv system in my home but don't know where to start looking for info.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks in Advance.

George

hello to everybody. I am looking for which forum to post my question. I am specifically looking for details on how to send a radio feed over satellite. Names of satellite time providers and just some information so I can gain knowlege on the entire subject of satellite radio feeds

Hey everyone............. I'm new here and I just now happen to do this greeting stuff... Hope to get some help from you guys soon and likewise in the future......

Thanks Y'All