Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi,Daisymae here.

I hope I'm doing this right.Its always interesting trying to figure out how forums are set up to work.I always appreciate the tutorials!!
Anyhoo,I am here to try to learn a thing or two to help my mom out with her dish,and maybe learn enough to build one of my own-someday.
So anyways,thats it,so,I guess I better go and post my query.Later.
Daisymae

I hope I'm doing this right.Its always interesting trying to figure out how forums are set up to work.I always appreciate the tutorials!!
Anyhoo,I am here to try to learn a thing or two to help my mom out with her dish,and maybe learn enough to build one of my own-someday.
So anyways,thats it,so,I guess I better go and post my query.Later.
Daisymae

:welcome

here we go. have fun do not hurt anyone

:cool::luvlove:
moz-screenshot.jpg
:music: just finished my show updates ready for july 4th and then carmel ca. See you on the bus.

New member says Hi!

Hi, my name is Bob Kahn and I live in Pleasanton, CA. I have been a Direct TV subscriber for almost a year. I want to use one of my D12 receivers in my RV. Here is my problem:

I have an RV with a round 18" dish and single LNB. I want to use one of my home receivers (D12-100 or maybe 300?) in the RV. I have several questions:
1. I need a power inserter since the D12 receiver has no DC output on the "satellite in" connector. Where can I get one? What do you recommend?
2. Strangely, when I hooked everything up and pointed the dish at the 101 satellite, I received very strong signals, but only on the even transponders and got zeroes on the odd transponders. Why is that? How do I fix it?
3. What is the azimuth and elevation for the 110 and 119 satellites? Will I get other stations from those satellites?

Other information: At home, I have a slim-line, 5 LNB dish with 1 HD DVR receiver, 1 HD receiver, and 2 ordinary (D-12) receivers. I used one of my D12's and the power inserter in the RV.

Wild Blue/Dish Network subscriber

Greetings from rural southeastern North Carolina. We are dependant on satellite for television beyond 5 channels, and in order to have an internet connection that will bring in more than text emails. Sad state of affairs!

I am hopeful that the Satellite Guys forum will offer resources that enable me to make the best of a rather deficient situation!

Terri

Hi,

I am Charly20 from Belgium.

I started the sat hobby in 1994 with the acquisition of a Channel Master 1.0m dish to receive Sky UK channels.

Since then, I have kindda of a dish farm from 60cm dishes to a 2.4m PFA from Aerial Oy in Finnland. I own as well a Gibertini dish (150cm), a Channel Master 120cm, a Kathrein 90cm, 1x Triax 110cm, a Triax 80cm and then another 85cm dish.

WAF is not always easy to handle!

I am soon going to add a 8 foot PFA from Channel Master, if all go well!

That's it!

Cheers,

Charly20

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts