Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

newbie deep in the weeds

Hello out there! Been a pro-photographer/computer enthusiast for many years. Benefit from forums in a major way. Came to this site because we bought a house in the sticks and don't have service of any kind yet. I THOUGHT I could use Vonage with Hughesnet but guess not from what I now read. Too bad...we'll be stuck here with Verizon for phone which apparently sucks. Just can't afford hi-end professional satellite service. Anyway, it's great to see people of similar interests helping each other out! BTW, any thoughts on this would be appreciated! Seeya!

Hello out there! Been a pro-photographer/computer enthusiast for many years. Benefit from forums in a major way. Came to this site because we bought a house in the sticks and don't have service of any kind yet. I THOUGHT I could use Vonage with Hughesnet but guess not from what I now read. Too bad...we'll be stuck here with Verizon for phone which apparently sucks. Just can't afford hi-end professional satellite service. Anyway, it's great to see people of similar interests helping each other out! BTW, any thoughts on this would be appreciated! Seeya!

:welcome

I don't think we have a "photography" forum. (Do we?) Maybe you would like to start one? Contact the Grand Poobah - Scott.

Why not introduce yourself and say hi?

Hi

Been lurking for a long time and get a lot out of Scott's wonderful site and the messages everyone posts. Each login, I got this kind note from Scott:

"Hello jraudy,
It's great to have you as a member of the SatelliteGuys family! Our

records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why

not introduce yourself and say hi in our Chit Chat forum.

This message will go away after you post one message

Welcome Home to SatelliteGuys.US!"

My excuse for not writing is that I am a diagnosed social phobic and yet how threatening can technical talk on a web site be?

Anyway, hi all and hope I can provide some input as have learned much from this site.

Echostar: Been with Dish for about 7 years. Has great products, still, often (as many of you) think of better way to do something and could offer an idea for possible next software update.

For example, work with the timer has a revolting irritation. At the end of first timer effort, and starting the next, wouldn't it be great to go back to where you were? Instead, have to go to sort>alpha numeric. Then arrow done to where you left off on the list.

Sally and I are 'industrial' users. Often we are close to timer max of 95. Seems as this type of user, just about any manuever: search, timer editing, deleting one, guide work, etc. at times takes forever. Often it goes into a reboot.

Wonder if all industrial users have to tolerate the same thing with 622 or 722.

Will hope I did ok. Hi again.

Jim

Hi

Been lurking for a long time and get a lot out of Scott's wonderful site and the messages everyone posts. Each login, I got this kind note from Scott:

"Hello jraudy,
It's great to have you as a member of the SatelliteGuys family! Our

records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why

not introduce yourself and say hi in our Chit Chat forum.

This message will go away after you post one message

Welcome Home to SatelliteGuys.US!"

My excuse for not writing is that I am a diagnosed social phobic and yet how threatening can technical talk on a web site be?

Anyway, hi all and hope I can provide some input as have learned much from this site.

Echostar: Been with Dish for about 7 years. Has great products, still, often (as many of you) think of better way to do something and could offer an idea for possible next software update.

For example, work with the timer has a revolting irritation. At the end of first timer effort, and starting the next, wouldn't it be great to go back to where you were? Instead, have to go to sort>alpha numeric. Then arrow done to where you left off on the list.

Sally and I are 'industrial' users. Often we are close to timer max of 95. Seems as this type of user, just about any manuever: search, timer editing, deleting one, guide work, etc. at times takes forever. Often it goes into a reboot.

Wonder if all industrial users have to tolerate the same thing with 622 or 722.

Will hope I did ok. Hi again.

Jim

Try the Chit chat Club, lots of non-threatening nonsense going on there. I know because I post most of it!:D

Lost in space

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I don't even have a satellite dish. Can anyone tell me where to go to get answers to my satellite questions? Specifically, I am a student of the French language. I am looking for guidance for how I can get free-to-air French language radio broadcasts (in Houston, TX). Is this possible? If so, how do I get started?

Hi To The Team Here

Hi.
I am new to this site and wanted to say Hi to all the Team Members here. I came across this site accidentally while doing some research on True FTA and found the assistance remarkable. friendly and polite.
Glad to be here and part of the Team!!

missyy

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I don't even have a satellite dish. Can anyone tell me where to go to get answers to my satellite questions? Specifically, I am a student of the French language. I am looking for guidance for how I can get free-to-air French language radio broadcasts (in Houston, TX). Is this possible? If so, how do I get started?

Have a look here:
Free To Air (FTA) Discussion - SatelliteGuys.US

Howdy fellas.

Im a dispatcher for rsp for dish network, thought Id snoop around hopefully to learn some things to help me at my job - and possibly help some people!

Hate to say this but yes, there is another newb in the forum. I am a school Technology Coordinator. I am sure I will have a few questions as I get my BUD set up.
I will use the search function as much as possible to keep the noise ratio down.

Hate to say this but yes, there is another newb in the forum. I am a school Technology Coordinator. I am sure I will have a few questions as I get my BUD set up.
I will use the search function as much as possible to keep the noise ratio down.

New here

Had DirecTV for several years but had to quit in 2007 due to work putting me in another city that only had Comcast (could only get Comcast, long story)

I am getting DirecTV installed through MDU today so I thought I would join. I know how terrible MDU is (from the reviews that is) but I am hoping to get a decent experience from it.

New here

Had DirecTV for several years but had to quit in 2007 due to work putting me in another city that only had Comcast (could only get Comcast, long story)

I am getting DirecTV installed through MDU today so I thought I would join. I know how terrible MDU is (from the reviews that is) but I am hoping to get a decent experience from it.