Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi everyone.

I'm military and in the 5th MOB. I joined to try and figure out why my 722 is getting so many audio drops/synch issues.

Anyway, thanks in advance!

-Glade

:welcome to the site Gladesteen...post your question in the dish network forum and you will get plenty of answers!!

bashfull

Ok so I need to make a post;

HI- my name is John--- I am a cheap ass. Dont like paying for cable, satellite, so I use a cm4228 and a 7777 for ota- love the performance and outstanding picture quality. 3 tvs. one sony 34" xs55 great picture quality- a kitchen 22" lg30-good picture but it hums unless the back light turned off- and finally an epson home cinema 720 p driven by an old hd satellite receiver with hd ota tuner- 14 foot picture- impressisve but mostly for show.

looking forward to the time when ota receives more programming and less advertising- big dream?

receiving
abc
cbs
fox
nbs
pbs
cw-sd

all in hd
maybe iptv will be free for some channels- live streamed

I would like to buy an blue ray with internet capable wireless to attach to tv.
dont really see any fantastic deal.

love to buy high end equipment but hate to pay monthly bills for programing.

ok thats me

john
"

Hi

:waveHi everyone!!
Been lurking in around here for couple years or so, just decided to join in.
Retired now. Wife and I have had Dish for about 10 yrs. or so.
Very informative site, and seems all the answers are here somewhere.

Howdy!

I have been lurking and reading, and reading, and reading, for a while now. I am very impressed with everything that I see here on Satelliteguys. While I did expect to venture into new and uncharted territory (for me) I have to say that the depth and breadth of issues and information that I have seen so far is overwhelming – yet exciting at the same time. Damn, you guys are good! :hatsoff: Other than some sage advice from a good friend and Satelliteguys member Bhelms, when I joined recently I came in completely cold to the entire world of satellite television. Thanks to that advice and a lot of reading here I now have at least a basic understanding of the fundamentals. At least I think I do.

My mission in joining was to learn enough to develop a plan to make the transition from Comcast !protest cable to Dish Network as smooth as possible. That will involve installing two 722 HD DVRs, and additional receiver, an enhanced structured wiring system, an OTA antenna, and a few other tweaks that I have in mind. More on that subject and additional questions to follow in other appropriate forums.

I have been involved in consumer electronics as a hobby and as a business since the early 60s (please, don’t do the math!). While I don’t pretend to be an electrical engineer by any means, I do have a reasonable comfort level with electronics (mostly self-taught if my username is any hint) and equipment. My product knowledge of current consumer electronics is somewhat dated but I find that getting back up to speed is once again exciting.

I am an active member audiokarma . org, a similar quality driven forum with a similar atmosphere. In time I hope to learn enough to be able to contribute here as well. Until then, my sincere appreciation and thank you to all Satelliteguys members! :up

New From Minneapolis

New from Minneapolis had satellite for around 10 yrs now. I just picked up a nice owned practically new HR-23 on ebay and a HR-22 for my son I also own 2 H-20's,
I started snooping around for some additional info on the HR-23 and came across this forum so here I am.
Thanks in advance for any help or info I can grab.
Mike

Howdy, I'm so proud to be here. They call me slowpoke, I live in south Mississippi. This weekend I thought I lived in Alaska for I had about 2 inches of snow. One time my mother wrote me and said she was writting the letter slow, because she knew I read slow. Its nice to be a member of this find club. Again hello to everone. I like hunting and fishing when I can at my age.

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone, I'm a Michigander! I'm new to all this, and will probably be posting a number of questions about installing and upgrading an old system that was given to me. This looks like a great place to get a lot of helpful advice!

I have an old Uniden Ultra receiver/descrambler with a 7.5 ft winegard dish. The system hasn't been used in over 3 years; but was working fine when if was disassembled. I want to upgrade so that I can use a 2008 SonicView 360 Premier Mini PVR receiver. So my initial question will be what I might need to change on the dish to make that happen (i.e. LNB, Cables, etc.). If anyone can help; or direct me to information that I can find here, or else-where on the net; I'd greatly appreciate it.

Meanwhile, I'll search and read!!

Howdy, I'm so proud to be here. They call me slowpoke, I live in south Mississippi. This weekend I thought I lived in Alaska for I had about 2 inches of snow. One time my mother wrote me and said she was writting the letter slow, because she knew I read slow. Its nice to be a member of this find club. Again hello to everone. I like hunting and fishing when I can at my age.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM a fellow Mississipian MSmith198025. He knows everything!