Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Just want to say Hello!

I am new to the site and I would like to say Hello to everyone and Thanks for letting me join!!! And I might say very nice Site keep up the good work!!!:up :)

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to this forum. I just purchased a Samsung 56" DLP 720p set and I'm looking for info on calibrating it. I've ordered the Video Essentials disc (it's not in yet). I'm seeing a slight pincushion effect when in 4:3 mode. Then rest of it is beautiful! Although I know I need to calibrate the colors. I have a Sony upconverting DVD player, and have Charter digital cable with the hi-def stations.

I'm also interested in getting the ISF certification so I can incorporate that into my small computer business.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks

Rick

I am a new guy with CS5K receiver. Thank you to all of you (especially Iceberg) for help in setting up the system. I have a question, what dish size

Hello, guys! I'm a new member getting oriented

In response to the welcoming message, this is to say that I've just discovered and joined this group as a new member. I'm very favorably impressed by the user-friendliness of this Web site, which seems to be very intelligently, intricately, and carefully designed.

I live a few miles west of Boulder, Colorado and I'm currently engaged in my fifth career, that of a social activist. Earlier I worked in the headquarters of the U.S. renewable energy program in the area of ocean energy technology, specializing in ocean thermal energy conversion (OTEC).

Perhaps someone can help me get oriented as to which of the various available forums I can relate in two areas of concern: One current concern, as a user of C-Band and Ku-band satellite signals, is the decreasing number of à la carte subscription options available in the marketplace. In particular, I'm wondering how to subscribe to MSNBC and CNBC without having to purchase a whole package of channels. My other current concern (now that I've acquired a 4DTV receiver) is to find a home (if there is any) for my analog receiver, a Chaparral Monterey model 90 (which lacks a videocypher unit).

Bob

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!
Robert Cohen said:
Perhaps someone can help me get oriented as to which of the various available forums I can relate in two areas of concern: One current concern, as a user of C-Band and Ku-band satellite signals, is the decreasing number of à la carte subscription options available in the marketplace. In particular, I'm wondering how to subscribe to MSNBC and CNBC without having to purchase a whole package of channels. My other current concern (now that I've acquired a 4DTV receiver) is to find a home (if there is any) for my analog receiver, a Chaparral Monterey model 90 (which lacks a videocypher unit).
The FTA forum contains the C-band forum and we have a Classified Add section but to post you need to be a pub member (supporter) which gets you inside info on a lot of things...again welcome to the site. :)

Hello Everyone. I Am New To Fta And Would Like To Learn All About It. Any Help Will Be Aprreciated. Hope I Will Learn Alot From Other Members.

Just wanted to post a hello to all. Hopefully this is correct location for this type of posting.

Just joined this morning. Great site, lots of solid info!

I'm interested in FTA to watch something different from the standard fare offered by my local cableco. Just got a Coolsat 5000 and am picking up a motor and either a 33" or 39" dish.

Thanks Satellite Guys and keep up the great work!

Great Forum

I want to say HI to everyone here. I learned this one about HDTV tuner (OTA) for my HD monitor via my apartment's antenna and am hearing impaired. The model name is VOOM Motorola version 02.4C.
The one of 2 HD PBS stations in Los Angeles Basin wont work on VOOM. So I got Samsung SIR-T451 and all HD PBS works but Closed caption not function on some of channels which VOOM does function fully. I called Samsung Factory, so there was no luck to get closed caption work and returned. Next model was Digital Stream HD3150 Plus. I found out there are two types for closed caption are Analog and Digital. The previous Samsung's closed caption runs only digital which some of stations runs analog closed caption, these were not show CC.
The quality of Samsung's remote and fonts CC were poor. Digital Stream works great all of them. Can i post ' Closed Caption ' about problem on some of HDTV plasma, HDTV tuner, etc what I have done since got this forum.
I think there are possible for Stations turn digital CC on over the digital signal for less cause like Plasma, LCD, etc that I observed.

Thanks for let me join here!
Bob

Hi all,new guy here!!

Hi all,my names Rick. I just got into the dish thing here and have a lot to learn!! I have a viewsat and get 91w,110,and 119. I live near Binghamton,ny. I look forword to getting to know everyone.