Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hello,I am new here,but i am sure i will enjoy it.Just wondering if anyone is interested in infrared surveillance cameras? As that's what i devote alot of my free time to.Hope to recieve some comments.Thanks

Hi, I'm Terry, and I'm a recovering Charter Cable user. My last service call was six months ago, and I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. I hope I'll be joining in on some interesting conversations here from time to time as I move away from my current addiction to E*.

Hi all. I've been working on many different kinds of dishes as both a hobby since I was in my late teens. Prior to that it was FM and any other way to get my entertainment from my partents house in the middle of nowhere. When I was growing up we had but one channel available to us over the air and that was the good ole' CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corp.) Now in my early thirties I still get the same thrill from pulling in a station that I didn't know was available to me as I did then! Having said that, I think I get more enjoyment from looking for new stuff than I do watching it, I really don't watch a lot of tv.
I subscribe to express-vu(HD as well) here in Canada, formerly a * Choice customer. I've also had many different formations of C-Band dishes over the years and still keep one smaller dish, (although it hasn't been set up since I moved last summer and have lots of trees to contend with) and I'm contemplating getting into FTA with C and Ku band options on my C-band dish or possibly even 4DTV eventually.
I'm fairly knowlegable in home theatre, C-band, Express-Vu (which is very similar to Echo *) and Star Choice. I look forward to answering questions on these formats and also to learning more about FTA as I go.

Looks like a great forum, I'm looking forward to digging in.

Cheers

Inno

Hi, Everyone

New here, so just wanted to say hi. Been a subscriber to E* since 2001, but just found this forum a couple of weeks ago. It's been kind of interesting to see others that have some of the problems I do, weak signal on 129 and caller ID problems. I'm going to be getting a new HD tv soon and was planning on using HDMI, now I'm a little worried. Guess I will see how it goes. I have a VIP 622 and a 625 with a Dish 1000 out here in the beautiful California Mojave desert. Be talking to you all soon!

Posted a few times & just discovered this thread, sorry!
I live in Somerset PA about 80 miles east of Pittsburgh have E* for TV looking at some oher options ITVN for setanta now it is available. Anxiously waiting PGH HD locals on E* & will upgrade to a HD pak. Although I have finally got the better half interested in possibly installing a OTA antenna & need some recommendations I would have to get something pretty decent to pull in PGH HD OTA.

Anyway Hi & lookingforward to the advice I receive & being part of what seems like a great community.

First post.

Hi everyone. I just discovered this site a few days ago and I'm blown away by all of the good information here. I'm looking forward to reading up on the FTA hobby and eventually trying it out myself. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions and now I know where to ask them. Thanks for putting up such a helpful site.

Hi all

Hi there...
My name is Pedro, i'm from Portugal.
I'm looking 4 sat experts to talk about tech subjects.
My sat providers: Hispasat & D+
Anyone interested on this discussion please email me at crawling_on_youhatmaildotpt
Thank you all

Hello Guys and Gals
Go to many sites and found you while surfing...looks like a nice site and hope to stay around ...I am iin the Western Caribbean, Caymans Is. We do not have legit D*shnet or Dtv here so I have to do many things to get TV... I Have this Fta now and just recieved a new Linear Lnbf to hook up to see what I can receive..
Play Golf, Fish and build things...see you all around..

Hello everyone,

Just found this forum a few days ago, seems like a nice site. I have been active in the big dish hobby since the 80's, currently using a 4tdv receiver and an Integra 912 HD receiver, 10 ft dish.