Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hey Folks I'm new to all of this... I am here to learn about FTA satellite... What's the best, what's reliable.... I am a licensed ham radio operator General Class (passive) so I am familiar with electronics to a degree.

Original

Hey guys...

My name is Attila, and I just discovwered this forum, and hobby for that matter, after getting sick of a sh!tload of money going to the cable company. I realized that for the price of say 2-3 months of servce I could have a lifetime of Free-to Air. Can't wait to have everything set up, to watch some Hungarian channels.

I'm in no way new to Forums, and the structures of a forum, respecting other people, etc. I've been a long-time member over at mp3car.com, and am highly respected there...

I was lurking here for a whilw, maybe the last week or so, and since we are moving to a bigger place, with more rooms, and rights to do things, i'm gonna hop the FTA wagon, and the antenna community to get TV stations and sattelites, programming that i haven't seen before. I also have plans to slowly, but surely upgrade to high end equipment, like HDTV and a nice sound system.

Remember, I'm 23, and so is my wife, so things will take longer to acheave, but with time great things will come.

I want to thank all of you guys for all of your future help upfront.

Now I'm off to research, and learn

My hat goes off to everyone who posted usefull information for us new people to make our lives, and experiences in this community better.

Thank you again,

Attila

Hi all...I have no clue how or what FTA is so I'm here to learn all about it. I just bought a Sonic View receiver and am eager to see what it's all about. I'm looking forward to using this thing and contributing in my own way to this community. If anybody could point out the best way to navigate this site and get educated I'd appreciate it. You could email me just answer I guess on this thread.

Hi!

New member looking for information on using a satelite tuner to receive OTR HD. If someone could point me in the right direction (via PM) and I'll start asking questions and seeking answers.

Thanks!

new here

Hi all,

I just joined the forum, have been lurking for a while....

I've been reading about FTA for a while now and wanted to get a dish but I had the "wife acceptance factor" to deal with. Just tonight, I finally (!) got permission to put up another dish (besides our DirecTV one), all I had to say is "Fashion TV". Hehe. Should have brought that up earlier I guess.

So now I am looking for a good deal on a dish and receiver. I wonder, should I go Toroidal right away? It would have the advantage that I can add additional LNBs later on for other satellites and don't have to put up a second dish (which is likely gonna be a non-starter).

Anyway, should be fun. I am looking forward to it. I am originally from Germany and used to have an FTA setup over there 7 years ago. Needless to say, a lot has changed since then but it'll be fun to get back into it.

t
Los Angeles, CA

Hi,

I decided to join this forum after periodically seeing very high quality posts here when doing searches via google etc. I've been into FTA for a few years now, but used to be a C-bander years ago.. would sure love to have room for that 10' foot dish now.. sigh. Anyways, my favorite FTA thing to do is to watch news feeds for "interesting" things; fits in well with my other main hobby - radio; mostly monitoring military HF frequencies. I've got 2 motorized dishes and a T-90 for antennas; I use a FLU, a Pansat and a Twinhan card for the receiver end. Looking forward to contributing and learning along the way.. thanks for a great forum!

Hi all,
I am a new member so this is my first post.I live in Point Pleasant,WV.
I have a Dish hi-def system with a Sony hi-def tv. Great picture and sound.I hope to learn something from all of the people on this post about satellite systems.

Thanks,
Brucescar

Thanks Scott,

Your welcome is welcomed,. I am a video/graphics nut from Jamaica. Been doing video production & graphics for many years. I do quite a few music videos and commercials. I also mess with electronics as another of my many hobbies.
Happy to be a part of the Satellite Guys, i look forward to having a good vibe.

My respect, Riggy.

Last edited:
hello!
I am new here and i came out of curiosity like you all.
i hope to have a nice time here.

many thanks and cheers!

hi iam a newbie to this and just want to find out this site i heard from people i know to read and enjoy this site and get my questions answered about free to air sat so i have lots to read thanks

Hi! everyone i am down here in Florida, "the Sunshine State" newbie into this contagious FTA hobby, and proud to be here with a lot of support from you...

Currently playing with Neosat ipro 1000 w/ 33" Dish and invacom LNBF...
Watching my Cuban Channels on Hispasat at 30 W and smoking a big cigar

Hello from Austin, TX! Been a DN subscriber for years and now just getting into FTA. I find it very intriguing and hope to learn more from this website.

Intro

:cool: Hello,My name is Robert.I have been installing satellite systems of all kinds for ten years or more.I currently am installing WildBlue systems.I am looking foward to exchanging comments, experiences and knowledge of past and future satellite technologies with people who know the satellite industry.Looking to hear from you all soon.Robert