Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hey, I was prompted to say hi and introduce myself here...so...uh....HI!

My name is mike, I'm a tech for Dish Network in South Ga and North Fl

HI guys.
I've been doing dish network resedential work more than a year. Now I have just started MDU's for dish and direct. Never did direct before.I was looking for some info on net and I found satelliteguys.us. Great site and very interesting info. Thanks a lot for this site.

Mil Satcom background here

Hi all:

Great forum!

I was trained in military satcom and have worked on and off with Sats for 17 years or so.

I'm glad I found this forum!!

New Member - JMHCS

I'm here out of necessity and need to learn. Nearing retirement (63 1/2 years old) but love technology. I know little about satellite but many people in my area need it, no cable or DSL. Hopefully I can add things from time to time. Referred here from SYSOPT.COM:hungry: :up

Hey yall

Im new here

I am a PC support tech for a medium insurance company along with the hardware team member for dreamincode.net but since we bought the farm last year I have lost my DSL and have finally ordered Hughes. Anyway Im here just to see if there is anything I need to look forward to on my new HN7000 system.

I also want to dabble in HAM radio and Free to air Sat TV.

Newbie to HDTV with an old starchoice DSR401 receiver

Hi Guys

I'd like to know if I can use a DSR401 receiver and a dual dish from Star Choice that I haven't used for 4 years. I am picking up a new LG 42LC2D HDTV soon and hope to hook it up to this equipment if it will be suitable.

I am a retired science teacher and am handy with basic electronics and computers.

Hopeful

davesmit

I just learned of this site from DSL reports. We got a Dish a couple of months ago, and so far we are pleased with it. The DVR is pretty nice! The video is comparable with what we had from cable - we have what amounts to an old HDTV which uses DVI input, so we had to have an adapter for the Dish box.

So far, so good. No outages, even during an ice event.

Hello All from jt0340

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are happy to have you here!

Hello all, and thanks for the forum. I'm actually interested in Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and was led to this site via a post about AT&T's U-verse service that has come to CT. I think the future of television is changing, and I love the IPTV technical solution. Of course, it's going to be all about bandwidth, so we'll see where this all goes. I'm also excited about the future of Video on Demand (VOD). This stuff sure seems like a great technical concept. Now, if they can just build the fiber network to support it.

Anyway, I look forward to reading and posting in the future, and thanks again for the forum!

Jeff (jt0340)

bond006 new member

Hi

I just joined about 10 minutes ago. It sure is nice to be hear.

I think I will be using your political chat the most.

The reason I joined was I am looking for information on a Canadian fight network that may be coming to the US its a mma network called The Fight Network and I heard it was coming to the staes via satellite.

If any body has any info I would be greatflly thankful for sharing

New Member Loopeepop

Hello everyone I was looking for Voom information and came about
this site. I am 50+ I have Direct TV, looking to get more information on different systems. Need to know if I can use my old voom box for anything.

Hi

welcome everyone. hope you find your stay a good one. i will see you all of you around the board.

:up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up

Hi 2 All and wish gooooooood luck 4 All

:up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up

Hi, Scott and each one of you, I am a new member here and am very exicited to know all about satellites boxes and their products. I will be checking in from time to time. Have a great day ya all?

Last edited: