Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Greetings From MO.

Hello everyone, I found this site a few months back and decided to join just a little while back. I love just about all things communications and RF related. I have had a HAM radio license since about 1995, and I was an office manager for a small satellite company for a little while.
I found that I was one of those guys who pushed the 18" dishes and tried to convince people to get rid of the BUDs (I never would have if I had known then what I know now). I have quite a bit of old equipment laying around that I would like to use, and I hope to sometime soon begin installing FTA systems for my friends.
I currently have 4 old DN dishes and uncountable #s of D$$ dishes laying around, a Direcway dish and LNB/ Transmitter, a 75cm Primestar dish and 2 LNBs (soon to be my first motorized Ku setup) 2 large metal mesh dishes and a variety of multi-switches, diseq switches and amplifiers. A friend sold me his Neusat SP6000 reciever and I have a few older C-band (and 1 Ku Band receiver I belive it is a Kenwood analog receiver) and I have been digging my trench and laying the ground work for my system.
So far all I have is 3 18" dishes and let me tell you that there is nothing very interesting on the birds I am hitting aside from nasa and some music...I WANT MORE!!!
I look forward to assisting anyone I can and I know I will be asking some questions ALL OVER the forums.

Thanks
John

PS This IS the best LEGIT satellite forum I have found ANYWHERE on the net! Keep up the good work guys!

Hi All,
New to the site and glad I found you. My wife and I are NEW full-time RVers and are about to go Satellite and get with one of the providers (DISH or DIRECT) after some heavy research in here.
Jakeman97

Howdy!

Like Jake above, my wife and I are interested in RVing and will be needing information on the proper equipment and various tips and tricks.

Thanks for what I've learned so far.

Pat

re mega channel

Hi all
I don't know if this is the right place to ask for some help, if it is not forgive me.

Being Greek I missed watching the channel mega I know has been moved from dishnet to direct tv does anyone know how to get direct tv? I would appreciate very very much your help

thank you

Asteris

:)

Hi, I am Mark from San Jose, California. Been with D* since 1995 (early adapter.) Running 1 HR20-700 and 1 HR20-100 with a 5lnb sidecar. Also have a H20. Display is a 62" Mitsubishi DLP with a Denon 4802 A/V receiver. Bedroom display is a 37" Samsung LCD.

I have two questions and I don't know if this is the place to ask them but here goes:
1. what is the difference,if any between a HR20-700 and a HR-20-100? and
2. How can I refresh my programming from the D* web site without messing it up?

Thanks, and I hope to be hearing from all of you in the future.

Hello this is a great community and I am glad to be a part of it.
Usually read more than post so please dont mind me. :)

just recently joined satelliteguys.com. I live in the Eastern Sierras, in Northern Nevada. I'm in a very remote area (no satellite= no TV) I have a Dish Network 500 system in my home, and am setting up a satellite dish for my RV. Retired after 30 years as an applications engineer in the electronic security industry. Worked as a sub-contractor for most of the federal alphabet agencys at one time or the other. Now spend my free time RV'ing and rideing my ATV. I am looking for an "easy" way to set up my mobile dish. Has anyone ever used the align-a-site satellite locating system? I think I am going to purchase one and give it a try. Well there it is. I am enjoying the site, and plan to continue my informal education on this "satellite stuff".

Bruce

Hi All,
I'm just happened to find this forum. I have had Satellite TV, both Direct TV and now Dish. I am looking for answers on how to setup a Satellite TV in my Motorhome. How to understand and setup of a Dish while traveling and the Terminology.
Hope to meet all of you,

Mike

New to this forum . . .

I am new to this forum and hopefully I can learn a lot from this forum and many other installers. I am working as an installer for HSP in Rochester, NY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts