Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

I'm John McCammon. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am a Microwave Tube Engineer and have been for nearly 50 years. My company builds the up-link tubes for both Directv and Dish.

Hi, I've had a dish for about 8 years now and are preparing for the change to HD. Seems like a nice site here and am hoping to chat and exchange thoughts and ideas!

Been a lurker..

Nice forum .. I came looking to decide which way to go.. a DN paying member, lots of lost signals.. very frustrated.. meter reads hi on 110 & 119, was a WB ISP member, now have spare dish .. etc.. maybe convert it.. :confused:

gas here central NC.. $3.15, paid $2.96 tonight at wm.:)

Hello all ...
Came across this great site recently while searching for info on DIRECTV, which I'm having installed on 12/8. Gonna try to learn as much as I can between now and then.

Hi I am new to satellite. I have een in cable for years but things are going down hill fast in that field. I was looking for advice on who to work for who not to any tips.

Hi! I have joined this forum to learn about methods for enhancing my VIP622DVR. I am seeing information about an external dirve capability and this is very interesting. I would be interested in having a drive that I could shuffle between the DVR and my PC with the capability to archive files to DVD-RW and build a library.
Please point me in the right direction, I think the answer is in this forum. Glad to be on board with fellow "envelope strechers".

Just joined

Hello. I am a recent convert to Comcast HD and have joined to keep up on news. I must admit to having been a devout fan of DIRECTV with Tivo, but events have conspired to wean me away. First, an unsolvable tree problem kept us from getting HD through DIRECTV. I can "see" the satellite at 101 degrees with the old 18" SD dish, but that's it. So I added Comcast HD and have been happy with the HD picture.

It was my plan to use the pricey Tivo Series 3 with Comcast, but numerous efforts to get the Motorola "M" cable cards to work all failed. I am sure that Comcast has little interest in getting Tivo to work in place of their HD DVR. Tivo swears that the M cards will work, but I got tired of being in the middle between the two companies.

Anyway, I'm adapting to the Motorola receiver and remote. Two of the hints on this board have been very helpful: how to program in the 30 second skip and how to "lock" the volume control on the remote to the audio system rather than the TV.

Hi, BenderRodreguiz here.
Looking to buy C band or Dish TV or Direct TV.
I will learn here before I jump.
Thanks guys for the education.

Oh, and did I say Oklahoma City?

I never stopped in and said HI when i first started frequenting here... but i figure i will today now that i finally remembered to take the time and join :)