Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi, Have been a FTA enthusist for around the last five years. I enjoy free TV. Hopefully I'll try to enjoy watching as much sports, PPV, etc. when I can. Just recently retired.

Thanks for the warm welcome

Hi to everyone. I have been using Directv in our RV for the past 2 years. Since we only use it sporadically I'm sure I have a lot to learn. Will be looking for all the good tips.
JimK

Sure did, had a few days recently where it was in the 50's and a few nights at or near freezing, even had to use the furnace 5 times so far. :p

Hi, I just want to say that FTA tv is a great hoobie and I hope to contribute in some way to this comunity.

see you soon!!!

Hi, I just joined yesterday to learn about how to set up my FTA receiver. I was told any dish would work and after reading several peoples posting, I learning that my little 18x20 direct-tv dish is worthless. I'm a full time RV'er and I'll need to reset my alienment everytime we move. I was hoping to find help for dummies who want to learn the basic's of what you need to get started. To be honest just learning how to navigate through this web site is a task. Any and all help from you experts is appreciated.

Last edited:
WELCOME! Head on over to teh FTA section and you will find all you need - and if you don't, just ask away - someone will have the answer :)

Hi, I just joined yesterday to learn about how to set up my FTA receiver. I was told any dish would work and after reading several peoples posting, I learning that my little 18x20 direct-tv dish is worthless. I'm a full time RV'er and I'll need to reset my alienment everytime we move. I was hoping to find help for dummies who want to learn the basic's of what you need to get started. To be honest just learning how to navigate through this web site is a task. Any and all help from you experts is appreciated.

happy Friday

Just saying hello, not much of a conversationalist this morning, but have a good wk-end everyone, lets hope the new file comes about; pansat 3500cd user.

hi everyone,

i'm a new member, and brand spankin' new to FTA. i am/was a computer engineer in the silicon valley for 20 years, and am retiring as of 12/07/2007. :) i was looking into getting cable, since i will have alot of time oin my hands now, and heard of FTA in the process. FTA seems like a MUCH better option! and, i'm geeky enough to hack the system, should i need to.

can anyone get me started in the right direction? i'm an audiophile, and television is completely new to me from the technical viewpoint. i'll more or less need a complete education in what this all is, what i'm looking at, and how to build my own FTA system. i know it's alot to chew on right awy, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

best regards,
-sherm

Hi, I'm from Puerto Rico..I'm new at this hobby of fta..Trying to learn all information I can...It's a very interesting hobby going thru the web...Thanks for the info.

RV User

Well, here we are. Joined to get educated on all the in's and out's of hooking up HD Satellite in our motorhome. :D Need to know all we can absorb before spending $$$'s.

JimnJan

Hi,
I'm new, and I'm still trying to navigate throught the site properly. I am a not-so-proud owner of a DirecTV RC64. My Tivo took a long nap, and now I'm stuck with the DirecTV generic DVR and remote. I hate this thing because it has a lack of features, namely, the ability to toggle between channels on live TV without losing the history on each channel!

If there is a solution, I'd be forever grateful to know it. Meanwhile, I'll keep search sites.

Thanks,
cnjrenison

Hey Everyone

I'm new to this site. Been in the FTA thing for about a few years now. My aunt actually got me into it a few years ago. Thanks for the welcome!

I'm new to this site. Been in the FTA thing for about a few years now. My aunt actually got me into it a few years ago. Thanks for the welcome!

Your Aunt did??? I'm surprised all the time when I see more and more women getting into this hobby. Maybe I can train my wife to do the roof jobs and dig trenches for cable conduit, oh ya,,,dig the holes for dish posts. :D

Welcome...enjoy! :)