Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

newly

afternoon all, hope there are some on here anyway. I am new, recently
joined with directv for couple reasons. Heard good about Directv plus the
many HD channels. Have one HD set now(34in crt toshiba)and will receive
a 42in panasonic plasma tomorrow. And would u believe it, unhooked both this morning to get prepared, gave one set away, hooked up the toshiba and no satliilte signal. Shows it searching but thats all it does. I have not
touched any cables other then those connecting to the TV, hooked up both
receivers, no signal to/ from neither. Almost has to be a setting in the TV but has me stumped.
Appreciate any suggestions but regardless happy to meet u all.
Jaksam
male(old)
NE Minn

Hi everyone

Hi! I am new to the site. I found this great place as I was surfing for C-Band info. There seems to be LOTS of info, and I appreciate the opportunity to look around and learn.:)

Hi. Thought I would stretch out and see what others have to add to the discussion on FTA sattelite receivers. Always a challenge and learning is continual. Will read the rules first and then contribute if relevant. Merry Christmas to all.
Psyche

Hi

I am new to this site and hope to learn a bit. Not much of a talker but am a great reader and listener. So you won't hear much from me but rest assured I will enjoy the reading

Switching Again

I guess it's time to switch again.. over the years I had a ground based 8ft dish, later direct TV, then dish tv and finally cable. My local cable company just can't offer enough HD channels and seems really overprioced for todays market.. Anyone out there can give me suggestions based on really good experiences. My home is Orlando,FL .:)

Another noob

Hi gang,
Signed up here a while ago but lost track of it. As they say, what goes around comes around and here I is again.
Live in Western PA (translated the boondocks) and am a Dish subscriber. LOVE the HD, can't get locals in HD and that's my only beef (for now).
Anyhow, I've been reading the forums all day and all I can say is yins are good :)

New to your site

Hello I am new here this site looks very informative hope you dont mind if i stay a while Happy Holidays to you and your families!! :love

I hope you all have a happy holiday. I am new here and I live in Panama.

Can anyone reccomend a couple of good books for a person wanting to get into this hobby?

Happy Holidays to All

Hello

Hi everyone,
Just a quick hello. I joined a week or two ago and have been pleased with the information available in the forums. Just had service installed last week so I am sure I will have some questions in the future.

Hi, I am a newie here and just got an HD TV

I hope to learn some stuff about HD TV and the channels available (or not available :mad:) here on the forums. I live in Bryan/College Station, TX and currently only receive one HD channel, CBS 3.1 and I am looking to find out about all the channels around this area that I can eventually get one way or another. Talk to you soon. :cool: