Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi everyone
I'm just about to install a bell tv satellite and reciever (HD) in Apache Junction, AZ.
I will bring with me my receivers from Vancouver.
I need help
I'm hoping you may help me
RLK

newbie, hoping to learn.

Hello everyone. I've been a directv subscriber for about 10 years now, thinking of upgrading to HD, and because I cant get ANY high speed internet where I live(dial-up really stinks), thinking about hughesnet satellite internet also, BUT wanna do a self install(how hard can it really be?)
Hope to learn what I need to know here. Looks like more info available than I can digest, but I'm gonna try.

Hi all, been a member for quite a while but have never posted so it's time to get rid of the ad. Been in the sat buisness for about 10 yrs, mainly installations/service. Direcway, Starband, WB, DTV, Dish, I-direct, Motosat, Spacenet, HNS, DTN, and some C-band. I have kind of moved on to Home theater and security cameras in the last couple years. (you have to follow the money!) I am located in N Central Illinois.

hi I am artstv1,I am new to this sight but I on other FTA sights so I am sure some of you have seen me before. I only loge on to the best sights. And this is no exception. So hi all I am glad to be here.

Just wanted to say HI to you all as a newbie.

I'm living in the Caribbean. Awesome site with lots of great info's.

Wishing you a Merry Xmas and a prosperous 2009.

Hi. I have just realized teh amount of info on thsi site. I own a Directv HD-DVR shown on a new Samsung 52A850 via HDMI thru Onkyo 706 A/V receiver. I am a devoted DircTV customer due to their large number of HD channels. I NEVER watch non-HD shows; therefore DirecTV rules. I live in Hollywood... Maryland. I got my HD-DVR as soon as the MPEG4 was available in outr area. Should I try to upgrade to the new receiver I am hearing about on this forum?
I hope to learn a lot by reading your forums.

/s/ Floyd

Salutations everyone.
i've been lurking for some time and finally set up an account. The information sharing on these forums has been a real eye opening experience. I'm glad I finally made the move from cable to sat!
Regards,
Fiachra
:up

New to SatelliteGuys - not new to Satellite!

Hello world! I just registered here, though I have searched this site before.
I have had DirecTV since I can't remember when. I mounted my own dish, and I run my own wires. I haven't ever needed no stinkin' "professional installation". (Well, maybe I am a professional installer - of marine electronics...and I am a computer geek for the past 30 years)

Recently, I got a new Sharp Aquos 1080P LCD TV, and I am exploring upgrade options with regards to the HD realm. For now, I have a RCA DRD435RH receiver - which is my 2nd generation receiver. While it's old, it works fine.
lynnbr2

Need to lower expectations about Hughesnet

...thinking about hughesnet satellite internet also, BUT wanna do a self install(how hard can it really be?)

Hughesnet will be better than dial-up, but it has some major limitations as well. Downloads speeds can be adequate, after it gets started. Will be a delay to send the signal up, then send it down again to connect to your target internet address address. Uploading stuff will be limited to about 2x dialup.

For many people, the new 3G wireless cellphones will be a better modem option when it becomes available.

Hey gents, great to meet everyone! I am into anything that takes electricity. If it can shock me, my hands are in. Been in and out of the satellite tv industry since 1998 as an installer and as an advisor on several forums. I am currently an IT network technician but working very hard at starting up my own IT consulting firm in the near future. I have known about the Satellite Guys for a bit but just recently decided to join as a way to offer my help and get help when needed. Can't wait to get started. See you guys inside.

Hi everyone, been a fan of this site for a long time, just never registered.. don't ask me why. So today I registered, mainly because I found more and more enjoyment from pointing dishes. This is the best site I can find for satellite info for my BUD and I am bringing mine back to life. Thanks for all the great info you have here.

Hi Guys - I am English but live in Cyprus, UAE and SW Michigan so satellite and streaming is a big hobby. I've been into satellite in a big way in Europe and the UAE with dishes from 1m to 3m and now need to learn the differences in language and technology for the US. The first thing I notice is many channels that are free in Europe you actually have to pay for so Dish, Direct, Bell, Star etc are of no interest.
There seems to be very few US satellite equipment suppliers in Michigan and no aluminium dishes available?
I could sure use footprint information for Galaxy 19 at 97west is someway has this available.
Happy New Year to everyone

Hello,

I'm in St. Louis and have been a Charter cable customer forever. I am very close to going with Dishnet. Any coupons or codes available? I need a 722 and 622 and would like to have zero out of pocket costs.

Also, anyone buy the 29.99 ota antenna from dishnet?

Thanks,

Blake

This is a great site

I have been a lurker off and on for the last several years. We have had Dish Network since 2001 and this site has provided some great information over the years.