Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Welcome to the forum, everyone! :wave

Please keep in mind that the purpose of this particular thread is simply to introduce yourself, to say hi to your fellow forum members. If you'd like to ask a question, please select a forum section that fits the most and create a new thread for your question.
And of course, don't forget to use the search feature, to see if your question has been answered before.
Anyway, welcome, and have a great time!

gman19

Jul 30, 2008
Hello!

Just wanted to drop in and say hello to all on the forum. I am new to this forum, but have been dabbling in FTA for about a year now. Looking to upgrade to a motorized setup in the near future....so start researching now!

Lookin' forward to it!!:D

Dexx

Oct 13, 2009
Michigan
Thanks for the welcome! I just signed up and posted a thread. Found site searching for answer to question about adding cabin to my home account.

lkannabob

Feb 7, 2008
Virginia
I am a retired Navy tech, computer sciences type and aerospace engineer. I have installed a roof mast with a uhf yagi, a dc4 and a c4 pointed at 3 cities, 120 degrees apart and ranging from 37 to 80 miles with limited rolling hills for terrain. I get limited daytime reception from the 75 to 80 mile transmitters but all else seems to be fine at night - sometimes funny with high cloud, cool evenings. I am looking for info on replacing my regular directv dish for an hd dish and where the best source for used hd tuners might be.
lkannabob

substrate

Feb 23, 2008
Hi there, I'm a Dish TV subscriber. I came to these forums to find out some information which the search feature found for me. I'd eventually like to purchase another HD DVR/receiver and hook it up, when it's that time I'm sure I'll find what I need again.

hsantos74

Active SatelliteGuys Member
May 15, 2008
Hello to all directly from Montreal.

Im new here...even if a often read some post.

Trying to install my dishes and gathering all the help from this great forum!

Cheers!

Helder
Montreal

bgehr123

Oct 22, 2009
Kansas
Seting up my old C-band as FTA

Hi to all! I am New to FTA.

I have my old C/ku-band Bud. I got a new LNBF and have it connected to a FTA neusat sp6000 that I got on flebay for about $40 / I am still moving the dish with my uniden president c-band unit. May look at getting a V-box or other mover??? The only thing left on C-band is pastor Murry and a few shopping channels. Any way will be needing help getting the hang of blind scanning and how to peek this system to get all the channels. I have found G-16 at 99w I am not getting all the channels the list shows. looks like I need to do some reading. I also have dish network. But I miss the fun of finding new channels and wild feeds such.

Thanks all for the help your posts will provide!!

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
I'm new here.

Just wanted everbody to know I am going to set up my new Satellite system. Poles in the ground and satellite on pole. Need to run 170 feet of RG 6 cable to the house. My box is a vs 360 Pro and using a 36 inch dish, using an LNBF.
I have my dish setup behind some small pine trees. I have a very Clear shot to the West, South and East Sky. If the weather holds up, I will try taking small tv and box out to Dish and try to locate AMC 9 @ 83.0. Before I run the 170 feet of cable back to the house. Also tonight I orderd the SG-9120 Satllite Motor. THis should make my life better? :) Anyone with good ideas would be great!!

Birdhunter

Oct 23, 2009
Texas
I love this site!

Hello, I've been looking around and I have to say this site is awesome. I recently got my hands on a perforated Birdview and will be attempting an installation soon.

Last edited:

Cabopete

Oct 25, 2009
California
Hello from California!

Just found this site trying to find a better deal on my Sirius radio subscription..
But it looks like there is a lot of other info to read!

Back to lurking

Pete