Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Welcome to the forum, everyone! :wave

Please keep in mind that the purpose of this particular thread is simply to introduce yourself, to say hi to your fellow forum members. If you'd like to ask a question, please select a forum section that fits the most and create a new thread for your question.
And of course, don't forget to use the search feature, to see if your question has been answered before.
Anyway, welcome, and have a great time!

Hello!

Just wanted to drop in and say hello to all on the forum. I am new to this forum, but have been dabbling in FTA for about a year now. Looking to upgrade to a motorized setup in the near future....so start researching now!

Lookin' forward to it!!:D

Thanks for the welcome! I just signed up and posted a thread. Found site searching for answer to question about adding cabin to my home account.

I am a retired Navy tech, computer sciences type and aerospace engineer. I have installed a roof mast with a uhf yagi, a dc4 and a c4 pointed at 3 cities, 120 degrees apart and ranging from 37 to 80 miles with limited rolling hills for terrain. I get limited daytime reception from the 75 to 80 mile transmitters but all else seems to be fine at night - sometimes funny with high cloud, cool evenings. I am looking for info on replacing my regular directv dish for an hd dish and where the best source for used hd tuners might be.
lkannabob

Hi there, I'm a Dish TV subscriber. I came to these forums to find out some information which the search feature found for me. I'd eventually like to purchase another HD DVR/receiver and hook it up, when it's that time I'm sure I'll find what I need again.

Hello to all directly from Montreal.

Im new here...even if a often read some post.

Trying to install my dishes and gathering all the help from this great forum!

Cheers!

Helder
Montreal

Seting up my old C-band as FTA

Hi to all! I am New to FTA.

I have my old C/ku-band Bud. I got a new LNBF and have it connected to a FTA neusat sp6000 that I got on flebay for about $40 / I am still moving the dish with my uniden president c-band unit. May look at getting a V-box or other mover??? The only thing left on C-band is pastor Murry and a few shopping channels. Any way will be needing help getting the hang of blind scanning and how to peek this system to get all the channels. I have found G-16 at 99w I am not getting all the channels the list shows. looks like I need to do some reading. I also have dish network. But I miss the fun of finding new channels and wild feeds such.

Thanks all for the help your posts will provide!!

I'm new here.

Just wanted everbody to know I am going to set up my new Satellite system. Poles in the ground and satellite on pole. Need to run 170 feet of RG 6 cable to the house. My box is a vs 360 Pro and using a 36 inch dish, using an LNBF.
I have my dish setup behind some small pine trees. I have a very Clear shot to the West, South and East Sky. If the weather holds up, I will try taking small tv and box out to Dish and try to locate AMC 9 @ 83.0. Before I run the 170 feet of cable back to the house. Also tonight I orderd the SG-9120 Satllite Motor. THis should make my life better? :) Anyone with good ideas would be great!!

I love this site!

Hello, I've been looking around and I have to say this site is awesome. I recently got my hands on a perforated Birdview and will be attempting an installation soon.

Last edited:
Hello from California!

Just found this site trying to find a better deal on my Sirius radio subscription..
But it looks like there is a lot of other info to read!

Back to lurking

Pete