Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

newby

Mar 14, 2007
Just heard from NPS that "Motorola is canceling C-Band in December (or sooner) and wouldn't I like to upgrade and salvage what is left on my contract by buying whatever small dish they sell??"

I obviously need more information. MrMech and I agree about having other people mess with our stuff. The last time someone else worked on our big dish... It will probably be me this time, too, IF C-band is really leaving.

We live in central Oklahoma and I am looking forward to help from hands-on experts. We have had the big dish for 19 years and I am VERY happy with the picture and reception in general.

aliendude60

Mar 22, 2010
hot humid florida
Hi everyone. I use to use c-band, and like a lot got tired of fighting repairs and went with the small dish, now tired of programming on small dish and got 4dtv 620 receiver back up and running, I found and locked satellite on W5 were I get channels I like. NOW I have another wild idea, can you take 2 big sishes one on W5 and another on W1 and some how hook both of them to 4dtv receiever. I do not want to get back into trying to move dish back and forth diffrent sats all the time. always something!!

so in 2 big dishes one receiever?

aliendude60

Mar 22, 2010
hot humid florida
I stopped using them. they do not have any packages or willing to work with you with c band, so I found this company and they are so far great!! lot more packages to choose from too.. WebForm1 hope this helps.

Just heard from NPS that "Motorola is canceling C-Band in December (or sooner) and wouldn't I like to upgrade and salvage what is left on my contract by buying whatever small dish they sell??"

I obviously need more information. MrMech and I agree about having other people mess with our stuff. The last time someone else worked on our big dish... It will probably be me this time, too, IF C-band is really leaving.

We live in central Oklahoma and I am looking forward to help from hands-on experts. We have had the big dish for 19 years and I am VERY happy with the picture and reception in general.

foxtail

Jan 22, 2008
time warp

Well after checking some posts from other sites...I'm here again to look for new info using a dmx741 with a 39" dish. Also might get a 2.4m dish to try. Just checking on the info. So if anyone has any tips where to go and what to read...I'm open! Also I'm in Cdn. in the Niagara Region which might help with tips. Thanks, foxtail.

ES5NHC

Mar 24, 2010
Laguja, Estonia
Greetings from amateur radio operator(my username is my ham call) and DXer from Estonia. I have read the FTA satellite section in this site for quite a while and this has been a great resource to be in touch with satellite news from your side of the ocean. I also watch FTA over here, on Astra 19.2 and Hotbird 13.0E, for national programming I use OTA TV.

silverbullet49

Mar 24, 2010
Andover,MN
Aiming Slimline 5LN Dish

Hi, I am here to find out how hard it is to aim an Slimline 5 LNB Dish for HDTV at an RV site without a Bird Dog. I do have a meter from 10 years ago before multi-satellites. Can I use that? I can get the dish for $30 from a fellow RV owner who switched to Dish.

raecve1941

Mar 25, 2010
virginia peninsula
Hi! I'm a new member.

Its great to find a website like this. I'm a new member. I stumbled onto this site looking for information on a dvd recorder. I want to purchase a dvd recorder that has either an HDMI or component inputs.

I'm also a new hobbiest in electronics. I play trumpet, golf, and fish and read a lot. I'm currently reading a book on Ben Franklin. I get almost all my books on amazon.com

I'm a retired:) aero engineer who has worked for Lockheed, U.S. Army, NASA and did sabbaticals with the Boeing Co. and the FAA.

JoeNashville

Mar 26, 2010
Tennessee
Greetings

New member here. New to the board and the 'tech' side of satellite TV. Been with DirectTV for many years, but want more out of the 'birds'. Really intrigued by the hands on part and am curious to see how to make it all work.

Thinking of doing some FTA and would really like to find more motorcycle racing to watch. Hopefully get some Euro channels or something. Much to learn and I really don't need another expensive hobby, but oh well...
Cheers

rich47jack

Mar 26, 2010
Rialto CA
Hi everyone. I found a hint of the information I wanted in this forum so I joined. hoping to get my Dish VIP612 to respond to IR - in process of setting up my Logitec Harmony remote.

BASSINWV

Mar 27, 2010
Mid-Atlantic
Starting New Job MASTEC Satellite Install Technician

Hi all what a great site!Training class is starting 7 April. My last 10 Yrs has been working for Worldcom and Qwest do not know much about satellite but looking forward to learning. Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)