Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hello everyone I've been playing with Satellite since the late 70's I am a retired firefighter who now works part time for the local cable company on a contract basis (don't have cable myself) my hobbies are Satellite and computers I installed c-band systems back in the 80's and 90's. I am now playing with FTA and my 4dtv I have 2 pansats 9200hd and 250sm looking for a new FTA HD box to replace my 250sm. I am running 5 channels through my own closed cable system though out my house.

Hi,
I've been lurking here for sometime now and decided I should finally say something. I started out with Directv back in 95 and switched to Dish a few years ago. I got my first HDTV in 2001 and it finally stopped working this past Dec.

I am new here

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are happy to have you here!

I live in Maracaibo Venezuela and I am very glad to join and having been accepted by this interesting Forum and members
I have satellite systems since the old C band in 1984 and let me tell you things have changed and are changing every day.

I hope I can be of assistance since it is a long time and experience you get over the years.
Thanks again :)

Hello, I'm Denny and I don't know what I'm doing. What I do know is that I'm tired of getting bent over by corporate satellite tv, loyal customer for 15 years and they wont budge on an HD upgrade reciever. Time to move on. But I cant bring myself to go with the other clonglomorate. I was doing some internet searching and stumbled across FTA. Very interested, but dont know where to begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone

Happy to know about your forum. Would love to get more info about getting US networks in Mexico. My Dish Network signal is virtually gone, and thousands down the drain. What next?

Newbe to the Forum

Please have patience if I screw things up. Been in the sat tv stuff since 73 when we built our own analog receivers from scratch, yes soldering and all that good stuff. A lot has changed since then and I have a lot of catching up to do. Read the PVR800 review thread and ordered it from Sadoun today just to find out they are out of stock for the next 2 weeks. Patience. Current C dish, a modified terrestrial 12 foot solid spun aluminum Andrews dish with side skirts. Will modify it for C/Ku band operation. 120 cm Fortec with Staab HH motor for Ku. German Sat receiver crashed due to a major voltage influx. Power company made grid change and increased the primary voltage and they had a Oh-sxxt situation. It took a lot of stuff out in the houses next to me as well. Not good and surge protectors were of no use. Hope to hear from Kevin,
N0QCU whom I've lost touch with since he moved away from Denver. My interests are; Ham radio, computers, sat tv, video, aviation ( pilot ) and gave up skiing. Kids and X-wife are out of the house, no HOA, what more could a person ask for? :) Thank you for the great forums!