Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

HI you all. I'm Ken and I'm new to this site found it surfing net for answers. I must confess that I am one of the millions of satellite challenged people. :) I am an electricion by trade, and currently deployed with the DOD in Afghanistan assigned to a small COP. We are having problems with the satellite signal ( can only get it to reach 51 with no lock ) it is a scientific atlanta power view model D9835. we are trying some suggestions we found on the web to see if they solve our problem. sports season is just around the corner and when the guys come back from an engagement with #$!#^&*# we would like to have something for them to watch and relax a little before going back out. AFN is what we have when it works. I would like to post for suggestions if what we have doesnt work.thank you. ken

hey all, I've been into electronics experimentation in general for as long as I can remember. I have had a particular fascination with antennas and satellite transmission. I always wanted to experiment with FTA but never had the money or time. I recently purchased a FTA receiver and can't wait to see what I can do. I feel this site will be a powerful tool and appreciate its existence. I'm glad to be part of it and thanks for having me!

Greetings .......

Just would like to say Hi to all the members. I hope to help add some uesful info as I know that I will gain much info from this website as well as the forums.
Appreciate the help and hope to return the favor. :D

Sincerely, KRIYABAN55

Hi, everyone!I'm from Brazil, and in an attempt to escape my wife's to-do list I always rush to the attic to mess with my old electronic stuff, and for the past few months I got interested in PC - FTA receiving. Since this forum has so many users with expertise on this matter and so many others, I found it would be great to join, learn, and share in the future! (But definetly this won't keep me from having to fix the kitchen sink...)Hope to meet you soon on some treads!