Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Newbie here

hello everyone! i'm glad i found this site, coz i've been looking desperately to a forum like this wherein i can find lots of ideas about satellite! judging to what i have read so far from different posts here, it seems that people here are very much nicer than the other satellite forums i've browsed.

i'm from Toronto and currently subscribed to Bell expressvu here in Canada. i've been trying to get ideas in upgrading my system to HD. yes, thats true i'm still not an HD subscriber, despite having an HDTV. anyways, hi to everyone.

:hatsoff:

Good morning everyone. I joined the forum a while ago but this is my first post. I've found this place to be a great resource filled with knowledgable people willing to share information. A little about me. I live in the central Ohio area in a spot that is poorly served by cable tv (an Adelphia area). I was a Direct TV subscriber for many years but switched to Dish Network when I bought my first HDTV about a year ago. I know I've already learned a lot from reading this forum and hope to be able to join in and answer questions myself someday.

hello

Hey guys, just registered today. Used to be a long-time dish customer, recently switched to digital cable 6 months ago. Posted a few times recently on Sadoun and dbstalk re: fta, so some may recognize me. I'm trying to hook up fta at my cabin in the woods. Going back this weekend to give it another try, patience is a virtue I need to exercise....;)

Thanks.

Say "Hi" here....

Greetings to all from Fountain Valley, California (4 miles from Disneyland).

I've been a reasonably satisfied owner of a DirecTV/TiVo combo tuner/DVR [Philips DSR6000] since before their introduction in Fall of 2000. I've recently added to that, one of the newer DTV R-15 "DirecTV Plus" combo units.

I've found the differences in operation and functionality between the two models to be perplexing, even exasperating at times; I will have more to say about that in the DirecTV forum, but...

...realizing I'm not quite ready to retire the older unit, I joined this site primarily to help locate a reputable shop to upgrade the hard drive in it.

I'm certain there will be many other things to be discovered about my home system as things unfold, so... Howdy all!

Hello All!

I'm new to the forum and have just recently shifted to DishNetwork from cable - have a DishDVR 522 and thus far am really pleased. This forum really looks like a great place to get info! Looking forward to learning about what I have.

hardcoal

Hey All

Thanks for the membership. I don't have much to add right now! You guys have done a great job putting this site together. :hatsoff: Thanks, Tim

Greetings! & Cool Info

As I am new to this forum, let me first say hey!
Thanks for letting me ba a part of this.
I have been reading miscellaneous threads over the past several days, In particular for Sat Radio & the Time Trax Dilhemma...
I have been messing around with My newly acquired XM/PCR: I don't know why so many people would spend 2-300+ bucks, for it.
Not to say it isn't worth it, I have been a big fan of XM since I got it last January...
But I just bought my XM/PCR (Rec. only, as I have my regular antena, as well as the car adapter) from "MyRadioStore" in the U.S (I live in Ontario, Canada) for 64.95USD.
I love this thing!
Anyway, one of the reasons that I have been wanting to pick up the PCR was because of the potential of using TimeTrax to "record"
Obviously, I am a little disappointed, having learned that I can only use a 15min trial.
However, after reading a whack of the posts from a lot of experienced folks, both here & a few other places, I have found a way to use Total Recorder 6.0 with the regular player that came with the PCR, and I can not only record the audio from The PCR, but I have it automatically splitting at the end of each song, plus it labels the songs accurately.
I am so stoked. I could not believe how easy it was (Once I mucked around a bit)
XM Rocks even more now.

Intrepid

i there newbie here to here but fining it very good read , from Ireland , yes where the grass is green and beers is nice

but living away from there work hard on radio station deep in the EU

lads keep up the good work