Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hello All

I have been in the communications field for some time and have had a C/Ku dish since 1986. In fact it is still operational with a 4Dtv DSR922 receiver. I have just recently added a Pansat 3500S and am looking forward to viewing the FTA channels. I am also looking forward to chatting with others that enjoy this hoppy.

Hello everyone, I'm glad to be a member of the forum.
I am here for learning on this interesting world of the satellite Tv.

:)

Hello all. I am a new member. Have some experience w sat stuff, but not an expert, by a long shot! Right now I am trying to decide between HN and *B for a mobile internet setup. Anybody want to jump into that controversy? ;>)

Hi All,

I live in Mexico and have been subscribing to Dish in one way or another for the past 2 1/2 years. With the loss of DNS it's becoming a royal pain.

I'm a fairly competent computer user, but know nothing about satellite technology beyond the remote. I did work for Primestar about 10 years ago in their call center in Denver as a sales rep.

I've been talking to a few firends about FTA, but I think keeping up with the constant code changes would be a real hassle. I guess this is the place to get the real scoop though.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot here.

another new guy

Hi everyone,
A friend from work recomended this site, I have found it very informative, so I signed up.
By for now
Jim

new member but have been lerking for a long time. this site is the reason i got a voom rec. to view hd programing.

Howdy all from Las Vegas!

Been a DirecTV customer since we lived in Albuquerque, and it was one of the first test markets for the service, yonks ago.

Subsequently moved to SF Bay Area, and have upgraded service along the way.

Now in Lost Wages, and just bit the bullet with a couple of HD-20s.

Jury still out on how good local HD is/will be.

I just spent $700 on a fta package and I am very disappointed in the limited channels I can get. Any tips on download for my Pansat that might help me pu a few more channels???????

Hello,

I joined to find out about what other uses I can put my bud and 42'' hdtv here in this forum. So many interesting things which I can do!

Welcome all new members and hope you enjoy it here in this forum and the people here are very helpful and friendly.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone from old forum members to new.:welcome

Help From Cabo San Lucas!!

Am about to order a ViewSat Extreme with a 31-inch motorized dish. But will this work down here at Latitude 22 in Cabo Mexico? HELP!

1st post from fdlucko

Hello all! Let me introduce myself. I'm a 53 (yikes) year old SW Engineer from Cleveland. Used to be a cable subscriber (my wife worked for the company). They used to bill you quarterly, since the cost for basic was only $6.95/month. Got into DBS so I could watch my Cleveland Indians at my "summer weekend home" (travel trailer at campground), when they switched from local broadcast to cable/dbs. As the cable costs kept rising,
I dropped cable and went with D* at the homestead (3 tvs, dual receiver + single receiver). Just ordered my first DVR R15, and 3 D-11 receivers. I'm wireing them in myself, so I joined this group to learn more about the basics (LNB's, multi-switches, etc). Dropped the subcription at the campground, but I think one of my D-11s might do a little travelling. Anyhow, great to be aboard! :)