Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hello all! I usually do not post in forums. I find most everything by search and reading. Seems to be a great place. There is a lot of information.
Thanks

But its not hard to post - and in this place you don't get flamed for asking a question. And the more you post, the more likely it really is a place where "everybody knows your name."

So :welcome to SatelliteGuys.

Hi Everyone

Been around for a long time but never had time to stop and say hello to all of you.So there you are.

Best regards,
Jerecomp

Hello, new here but not new to satellite radio..

I have been with XM since the beginning and now I just bought an Inno and I absolutely love the thing.:music:

Just Saying Hi! Where Would I get advice on how to sell Dish receivers?

Hello, good to be here. Which forum would be the best for info on how to sell DishTV receivers? I have a couple old ones laying around and I want toknow what to sell with them. The card, etc?

Thanks

Newbie introduction/questions

greetings from the great state of South Dakota.... I am VERY new at Satellite stuff and am frankly overwhelmed by it all, so I am going to ask a very broad based questions in the hopes I don't get flamed for asking something that may be in an FAQ somewhere that I have not found....

here goes...

My wife's father is coming to visit in a couple months from Hawaii, he is second generation Japanese and speaks virtually NO English, we are trying to find a single source for Japanese programming on television for him to watch and the best I can come up with is DishNetwork has TVJapan programming that they offer...

If a person invests in a satellite dish, is there Japanese prgramming that I can subscribe to, or get free over the air that we could benefit from??

Please excuse my ignorance, I have no idea what I would need for equipment but am willing to do what ever it takes to get some television for him to watch (within monetary reason that is... :))

thanks for any help you can provide a neophyte, and I am sorry if I am asking things that are discussed somewhere else!!!

Hello, good to be here. Which forum would be the best for info on how to sell DishTV receivers? I have a couple old ones laying around and I want toknow what to sell with them. The card, etc?

Thanks

If you become a supporter of the site (see the link in my signature) you can post in the classifieds. You would sell the receiver and remote. The smart card will be useless, although you need to include it - so the buyer can send it to Echostar for a replacement card.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!

greetings from the great state of South Dakota.... I am VERY new at Satellite stuff and am frankly overwhelmed by it all, so I am going to ask a very broad based questions in the hopes I don't get flamed for asking something that may be in an FAQ somewhere that I have not found....

here goes...

My wife's father is coming to visit in a couple months from Hawaii, he is second generation Japanese and speaks virtually NO English, we are trying to find a single source for Japanese programming on television for him to watch and the best I can come up with is DishNetwork has TVJapan programming that they offer...

If a person invests in a satellite dish, is there Japanese prgramming that I can subscribe to, or get free over the air that we could benefit from??

Please excuse my ignorance, I have no idea what I would need for equipment but am willing to do what ever it takes to get some television for him to watch (within monetary reason that is... :))

thanks for any help you can provide a neophyte, and I am sorry if I am asking things that are discussed somewhere else!!!

Dish Network has a "TV Japan" as an international a la carte. But to sign up for Dish service, you will need to enter into a contract. As a new sub, you should get a free receiver and dish (the best deals are ALWAYS for new subs), but you'll have to commit to a contract. I would just check out www.dishnetwork.com and browse through programming options.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Hi everyone! Just joined up today and It'll take awhile to get use to everything. Looking for some info on the new download for *c dsr 530.

Thanks

Last edited:
Howdy!!!

Hello everybody,

I'm just getting settled in and I find some threads quite interesting as I do the members too. I'll be browsing around and doing some reading.

I'll be talking to some of you I'm sure and I hope to learn a few things to help me with my current satellite projects. See ya!

Hello everyone,playero here from Puerto Rico,looking for info on a Pansat 3500 that doesn't want to turn on, guess it died. Any advice will be highly appreciated.By the way playero is a person who goes oten to la playa(beach)and the area of Puerto Rico where I live,which is in the southcoast(Ponce),the second largest city,the neighborhood is known as La Playa de Ponce(Ponce's Beach)so that's why I called myself playero.

Just across Canada border

Hi to All,
Great site for Satellite and Fta info.
I'm a BellExpresvu sub and get good fta from Seattle on my 9200 receiver. Just got a Coolsat 8000 and motored 36" dish...big learning curve for me but great fun.
Right now I cannot scan any DTV fta channels into the Coolsat...I could at first but not today after rebooting...I'll find the right forum to post.

Hi to All,
Great site for Satellite and Fta info.
I'm a BellExpresvu sub and get good fta from Seattle on my 9200 receiver. Just got a Coolsat 8000 and motored 36" dish...big learning curve for me but great fun.
Right now I cannot scan any DTV fta channels into the Coolsat...I could at first but not today after rebooting...I'll find the right forum to post.

Sorry I meant to say DTV ota not fta

Hello everyone,playero here from Puerto Rico,looking for info on a Pansat 3500 that doesn't want to turn on, guess it died. Any advice will be highly appreciated.By the way playero is a person who goes oten to la playa(beach)and the area of Puerto Rico where I live,which is in the southcoast(Ponce),the second largest city,the neighborhood is known as La Playa de Ponce(Ponce's Beach)so that's why I called myself playero.

ah Playero -- dig it in; going to the beach in Puerto Rico. You are making us all jealous :)

:welcome to SatelliteGuys.