Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Abig hello

hi Everyone

whiteheather here from Northern B.C. Canada, looking forward to being a new member, and hopefully recieve help with my viewsat extreme..also a great hockey fan...Vancouver Canucks....

Been reading for some time, joined awhile back, still looking to buy my first receiver.. Like everyone else always looking for the best deal. Figure I'll wait for a good used one first... Anyhow, great forum!

Career Change

Hello, I just discovered this forum. I am preparing for the advanced vsat installer certification in Atlanta next week. This is a new field for me and am not sure how to get my first job since I have no experience. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Hi, I'm a Canadian ex-pat living and loving Denver, CO. Looks like a great forum.
I've had an account with Bell ExpressVu since I got here. My receiver just went belly up. Might not get back to Canada for a while to replace. I thought I would look at an FTA receiver. 2 Qs, do I need a new dish (have a HD dish) or just the receiver to get FTA? Hockey playoffs are around the here . . . can I get CBC (HNIC) on FTA?

Just got back from winter in AZ.Brrr southern On. cold for this time of year.Anyway been fiddlin with atmega for couple yrs.and with fta since last Aug.Been having lots of fun with Pansat 2700A,and I think Ive got it mastered for now,been working with vs ultra for about a month and no problems yet.Enjoy your site.

I thought id Drop In

Well ive got a 31in Fortec Dish with a universal LNB/HH90 motorand a Pansat 3500 SD Receiver.Im going back to my old toy,Getting ready to pick up a 10 foot dish with the works,Froma wonderfull person that says just come and get it,So ill be driving 5 hrs.one way to go and get it.Oh by the way Hellooooo!!!!

hello people, my main objective for joining this site, is to share the knowledge that only years of experiance can teach,unfourtanetly i have only been working on sat'ts for 3 months. But i am ambitious and enjoy my job, and enjoy the job for what it really is, technolodgy of the futuer.

Hi All- I signed up a while back, but due to money issues I was unable to move off of comcast and over to satellite. I'm now back scouring the forums trying to make the best decision. I was with Direct TV for a few years, but moved to the west coast and was stuck with comcast. Tomorrow I go get my new hdtv and want to experience my WOW with one of them. I'll probably end up going with Dish just because I'm a college sports nut and my OSU buckeyes are offered only by dish. I think that's right. Does anyone know? I probably should post that question somewhere else. LOL!

Anyway...cheers to all
Jesse :wave

Hi all, name is Brad, I'm the PD and GM of the audio subcarrier that (for now) is on T6 xpdr1 6.2/6.8, Mike REynolds' W0KIE Sattelite Radio Network. Just joined, and hopefully will be able to provide input and stuff :)

I'm also a Ham (NP4AI) and I do audio remastering of old recordings as a hobby. I've been doinking with sats since the early 1980s, and have seen a lot of changes in the hobby...

Thanks again and looking forward to reading lots and lots of interesting material :D

Brad

Been posting a bit (and lurking even longer), so I guess I should say "Hi, I'm Rick from NYC"! This board has been a huge help for this "newbie" and I thank you all!

Another New Guy

I have been in the satellite business for over 35 years. C-band and then I was the first Direct and then Dish dealer in the midwest. I listened to all the promises of great pay, programming revenues and great support, only to watch it all go away bit by bit. I have watched a few companies, like DSI, take over all aspects from programming to equipment while padding their own pockets and taking money awy from us.

I have seen our industry be taken over by groups of hacks who have little skills and use junk tools and equipment that get paid the same as those of us that do great work and have pride in how we do it. I have been on jobs fixing installs that some of these hacks got paid full prie for while I only got paid a service call for basically redooing the whole job.

Then I joined several of these groups that promised to help provide information and help to only see constant bickering and fighting and a couple of members dominating the posts. I have seen a site started by one person where he claimed to offer reviews of companies that ended up being a place where the business being rated can rate themselves and others can be slammed without proof for no reason other than they disagreed with someone else.

I guess my point is, please do not turn this into another one of those sites. Be fair in your comments, don't call people names, do post things that help the industry and not slam Bush or Clinton.

I would hope that I could help others with knowledge I have learned and others can help me, but please leave your egos behind.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Thanks for the welcome. I am a 68 yr old retired male located in Arizona. I have had dishes since the 80's. 9ft first than a 10ft, C/KU. I know use Directv HD and have just purchased a SlimLine dish. Being on a limited retirement income, I purchased the dish on e-bay and it arrived dented from the parts floating around in the box. Not original box I suspect. No instructions etc. Started off bad. Need a new reflector or dish for the AU-9 as other parts are OK, I think. Need setup manual. Any help is appreciated, Thanks, icenut39.