Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi---I'm a new 'junior' member. Retired, living in Chapala, Mexico. Is there
anyone out there, also retired and living down here? I'm looking for info
regarding Dishnetwork reception down here and any other interesting info.

hello, I just joined, Im a bud fan and have been hooked up for years. but it looks like some of the prograhming i watch is moving up to ku. need some help thanks

I love the information provided by Satellite Guys. Been reading for several months and finally registered. It's good to be a member of something!

Hello All

Hello All from Southeast Texas. I'm new to this FTA obsession and having fun so far. Currently trying to setup my first BUD that was free for the taking. Already using a Coolsat5K. Have already found helpful info from the forums. :hungry:

Hola everyone,
I live in Mexico and have a Coolsat 5000 we brought back from the states that is working great. Considering a Sonic-view PVR 1000 also. Any pluses or negatives? Great site!

Hello all. This board was recommended by a good friend of mine. I primarily specialize in commercial installs (VSAT, RO, Broadcast), but my background is in RF transmission and I currently operate a Ku Standard Def/Hi Def Satellite truck.

Hey...it's keeps me off couch!

Glad to be aboard and hope I can offer assistance where needed and get a question or two answered.

From Ottawa, ON Canada.

Looking at an FTA set-up for my home. Considering a standard or motorized dish with 2 receivers. I was actually searching for some FTA receiver reviews. Not sure which to go with...looks like gosatellite.ca top sellers are the Viewsat Ultra, Viewsat Extreme, Pansat 6000, and the Captiveworks 600. Looking for my best bang for my buck. Definitley interested in a package with dish, LNB, switch, etc. Do you know of any coupon codes for gosatellite.ca? I see they are advertised on the site.

Anyways, lots of reading to get up to par on the most appropriate set-up for me. Is it any more difficult to set-up a motorized vs a stationary dish with a receiver? I guess this depends on what receiver I go with.

Cheers