Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi! I'm new to FTA, and need help. I've had a 12-ft mesh dish for years,
equpped w/co-rotor, which means I should be able to receive ku as well
as C-band analog. ku reception is good but limited to very few channels.
My analog receiver is a Uniden UST 4800. I bought a Neusat SP 6000 whose manual gives as one of its features MCPC/SCPC, C/KU reception.
Nowhere else is this mentioned, much less explained.What is MCPC/SCPC?
Is it possible to use the Neusat SP6000 with the 12-ft mesh dish to
receive fta? If so, how? Would appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks, jcjacobs {jake)

Hi,
I'm new at this stuff so please forgive me when I make a mistake. I live in GA & have had a 2 meter dish since 1994. I'm considering going to a bigger dish, but am concerned about the change to HD. Can my C-band receive the new HD signal?

Hi all,
New to this forum, might as well do the intro as asked by the moderators.
Getting older and TV becoming more important, new technology and improved equipment makes for lots to learn. If I am going to pay for what used to be free, I want to get all I can for the money.

Hopefully my problems with D* will all be solved here, actually, most wouldn't be considered problems, more like tweeks to the system.

Right now I am having a problem understanding how a new Sony wide screen purchased to get a larger picture keeps getting black side or top lines reducing the picture size depending on HD channel being watched. One of the local channels even has black only on the left side of screen.

4 levels of sound, OTA low, HD a little higher, SD normal, commercial way high.

For those with the knowledge, thanks for sharing.

Hi all,
New to this forum, might as well do the intro as asked by the moderators.
Getting older and TV becoming more important, new technology and improved equipment makes for lots to learn. If I am going to pay for what used to be free, I want to get all I can for the money.

Hopefully my problems with D* will all be solved here, actually, most wouldn't be considered problems, more like tweeks to the system.

Right now I am having a problem understanding how a new Sony wide screen purchased to get a larger picture keeps getting black side or top lines reducing the picture size depending on HD channel being watched. One of the local channels even has black only on the left side of screen.

4 levels of sound, OTA low, HD a little higher, SD normal, commercial way high.

For those with the knowledge, thanks for sharing.

First off. :welcome

Which model receiver do you have? What type of cables are you using from the reciever to the TV? component? HDMI?

Just stoping by to say hi and been welcome by you guys, "hopefully" lol. I was introduced by a friend to FTA couple of weeks ago, and I like it.

HI, I'm new to this site. I know there's a lot outthere for me to learn from you. I'm vert excited about this site and about so much available information to its member...Thanks for giving me this chance!!

:welcome

Welcome to all our new members. Make yourself at home and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts