Welcome Pack

Well, this package saved me from cancelling. My 2 yr commitment was up and had planned on dropping service. This is a good deal, especially with Starz included.

Hi All,

I currently have a Tivo Series 3 with OTA HD for $12.95 a month. I love it but looking to see if I can get a better deal in the same price range. How much would it cost monthly for the Welcome Pack + HD Locals and DVR service, say with a used ViP 625? Would it be cheaper if I bought a 211k or 222k and connected a USB drive to turn it into a DVR? I would prefer a dual receiver so I can get service on my office TV and my living room TV but if it's more expensive I'm fine with service on just one TV.

Thanks for your input.

The 211k paired with an external hard drive will cost you one time $40.00 fee to enable dvr functions. You can add ota to it and would be able to record one ota and one sat at the same time. It would incur NO monthly dvr fee of $6.00 like the dual tuner dvrs do ,but would only be good for one tv for independent viewing. You could run it to two different rooms , hdmi and or coax or rca jacks, but you would watch the same thing . Buying your own receiver would mean you could sub to just the welcome pack + locals for 14.99 a month. You can get one from www.dishstore.net for about $119.00 .

Can I get the welcome pack with a 922?

IF you buy a 922 receiver out right, it works the same ,except you will have a $10.00 dvr fee for the 922. So yes, if you don't mind paying about $500.00 for the 922 dvr and don't mind paying the $10.00 monthly dvr fee on top of it, you can get the welcome pack. All those sd channels in the welcome pack and just 4 networks in hd ,seems like a waste of a hd dvr to me.

Oh I don't want to pay that much for the DVR. I had TiVo just to record the local channels and I paid 13 a month for it and was thinking of the welcome pack. I'll just wait until later then.

new customers get this? free install or sign up promos??

I could get the equipment from goodwill etc??

Your 1st Duo Dish receiver is no more expensive than a Solo Dish receiver, so you could go for a 622/612/722/722k and get service for 2 TVs, assuming your 2nd TV is OK with an SD signal. Note that a 625 is a standard def receiver with no OTA tuner, so you don't want that model.

Yea, you can get it if your under a committment. You just have to cry enough about cancelling to someone in Loyalty. Every week I get charged back on 1 or 2 customers who drop down to the welcome back

how soon into the contract can you call??

I am sorry that you were given incorrect information regarding this promotion. If you would like to send a PM to me with your account# or phone# I will take a look at your account and assist you with the programming change.

is there a special # or email. I am looking for my in laws who're almost out of contract and myself (new customer)

Try tech chat and don't be so forward, don't mention welcome pack, just say I heard dish was celebrating their 30 year aniversary and they were giving customers starz and encore free for a year. Took 2 minutes, my agent had an american name, but I think perhaps my account is always dealt with by higher ups when I do chat. Don't know if that is true though, I am pay in advance / flex tv .

Thanks for the tip! I first tried Customer Service Chat, and was rejected. I then tried the Tech Chat, and they came through for me! Sweet!

Does anyone have a list of DVR (internal or external) boxes that do not incur a monthly fee?Also if I just picked up a basic single or dual tuner for now are there any issues/complications to upgrading to a DVR box later and selling off the old one?I have never had Dish Network before but at $10 a month it sure would beat any baseline cable offer. Thanks for any input.

Does anyone have a list of DVR (internal or external) boxes that do not incur a monthly fee?Also if I just picked up a basic single or dual tuner for now are there any issues/complications to upgrading to a DVR box later and selling off the old one?I have never had Dish Network before but at $10 a month it sure would beat any baseline cable offer. Thanks for any input.
The primary (first receiver) on an account does not incur a receiver fee. If you choose a DVR, there will be a $6.00 DVR fee (exception is a 50X series box). You can choose a VIP211 and add an External HD, for a one time $40.00 fee but no monthly charges. As long as the receiver is owned by you and no outstanding balances on account, it can be sold. Hope this helps!

I am sorry that you were given incorrect information regarding this promotion. If you would like to send a PM to me with your account# or phone# I will take a look at your account and assist you with the programming change.

Hi Mary,
I tried to PM you, but I don't have enough posts on the forum to do that yet. We are not currently Dish customers. We would like to be, but only if the Welcome Pack is available because we do not want to pay more than that for TV. Can you send me a PM here? Perhaps I can respond to yours. I don't really want to give my personal email out on this forum publicly.

Thanks!

The primary (first receiver) on an account does not incur a receiver fee. If you choose a DVR, there will be a $6.00 DVR fee (exception is a 50X series box). You can choose a VIP211 and add an External HD, for a one time $40.00 fee but no monthly charges. As long as the receiver is owned by you and no outstanding balances on account, it can be sold. Hope this helps!

so there is no monthly fee on a VIP211? what about adding a VIP211 to 2nd room with the welcome package (no locals)

so there is no monthly fee on a VIP211? what about adding a VIP211 to 2nd room with the welcome package (no locals)
Yes, if your primary VIP211 will not have a fee. If you add another VIP211 to your account you will be charge $7.00 for the additional receiver on your existing account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)