Welcome Pack

Thanks Matt,

Just to let you know, I called a month ago and requested specifically for the welcome pack and the CSR after asking the person next to him (probably immediate boss?) told me the cheappest pack available was Dish America.
And that Welcome Pack wasn't available for new customers, only for the ones that currently had it.
Who should I talk to or what should I request?
they gave me a hard time and I was over the phone for more than 25 min.

Matt

This was for a relative that was laid off, so I told him about the $15 deal with the welcome pack.
He bought the receiver (so he owned it) and it was going to be a new account.
And they told us exactly what I told you (the welcome pack isn't .........)
I don't know if he still wan't this he got really agravated....I will try to see if he still wants to get the deal.

Matt

This was for a relative that was laid off, so I told him about the $15 deal with the welcome pack.
He bought the receiver (so he owned it) and it was going to be a new account.
And they told us exactly what I told you (the welcome pack isn't .........)
I don't know if he still wan't this he got really agravated....I will try to see if he still wants to get the deal.

Send him my way if needed. When we build an account, we have to activate it under another package (like AT120), but it can be changed right after activation

A friend of mine noticed on her bill that they changed her locals only package to the welcome package and she told me about it. When we got to looking she has been charged as if it was the welcome package for the last four bills (last three months) but she did not receive the channels in the program guide. Had to call Dish Network and get them activated, asked for a credit of $5 per month, they said that there was no proof of whether we had the channels all this time or not, told them they should have sent documentation of the programming change. Since the price was pretty well the same as before due to a $5 credit for six months they did not think anything of it until I told them about this. I finally got the credit on the account if they did not "forget" to notate the account correctly. What a hassle! They were thrilled to learn that they get History, HGTV, The weather channel, TBS, among others.

A friend of mine noticed on her bill that they changed her locals only package to the welcome package and she told me about it. When we got to looking she has been charged as if it was the welcome package for the last four bills (last three months) but she did not receive the channels in the program guide. Had to call Dish Network and get them activated, asked for a credit of $5 per month, they said that there was no proof of whether we had the channels all this time or not, told them they should have sent documentation of the programming change. Since the price was pretty well the same as before due to a $5 credit for six months they did not think anything of it until I told them about this. I finally got the credit on the account if they did not "forget" to notate the account correctly. What a hassle! They were thrilled to learn that they get History, HGTV, The weather channel, TBS, among others.
I am glad that the situation was resolved for your friend. There were notifcaications sent via e-mails, letters, and on the bills themselves. It actually was the same price with more channel available to the effected customers. This is the first instance I have heard of the receiver not updating the programming change. Glad they are enjoying the additional channels.

I may be remembering wrong but when subs could get locals only package, wasn't there also a five dollar charge on top of locals for not having a standard pack?

BEFORE they went to the $10 locals-only pkg I'll speak to below, you had to pay a $6 "no AT/DL pkg" fee, which then entitled you to buy ANY other prog offered a la carte. (such as superstations, international prog, or locals) Then adding the local channels was $5, so it actually used to cost $11 for a locals-only pkg.

Locals only were 9.99 plus a (I think) $6 access fee. We did away with both those, so you get more bang for you buck with the welcome pack

About 2-3 years ago, anybody that was paying the 2 separate $6+$5 charges I just spoke of above, was converted to the new $10 locals-only pkg - which then entitled you to add ANY other a la carte prog, all without having to pay the $6 access fee. So pricing for locals only actually went DOWN $1 when this happened.
So Matt, that is incorrect, & locals-only subs did NOT have to pay $6 on top of the $10 fee - & I KNOW this for a fact, because I've had locals-only (+ supers) for almost a decade.

So sorry to disagree Matt, but locals-only subs are NOT really getting "more bang for our buck" with being forced into the WP - I (we) ARE now being forced to pay $5 MORE per month, for 15 channels that I really could care less about, just to keep getting locals (only). :rolleyes:

Matt will not be back till next week but I would like to clarify. Accounts with the locals only packages where also charged a $9.00 Primary reciever fee. There were certain accounts that were grandfathered without this charge so there was exception but they were very few because any changes to programming would automatically add the Primary receiver fee to any account with less than the Welcome Pack. On Feb of this year, Dish Network tried to make all the accounts have a set required (core) package on the account. Those accounts being grandfathered did see an increase but the majority of account did not and got access to more channels for the same or lesser price as the primary receiver fee was made obsolete.

Hey I'm trying to PM the DIRT team but none of my messages are going through. I was hoping to sign up for the welcome pack, the local cable company increased their rates again.
If somebody could PM me that would be fantastic.

Hey I'm trying to PM the DIRT team but none of my messages are going through. I was hoping to sign up for the welcome pack, the local cable company increased their rates again.
If somebody could PM me that would be fantastic.

Welcome!. I think you need 5 or so posts before you can PM other board members, but they should be able to PM you.

Thanks for the heads up. I will try to post some more on some topics I do know about and hopefully if they don't contact me within the next couple of days I will try to PM them.

I tried for the welcome pack ( not a dish customer now) the agent said she does see it but did not know how to add it to the account ... Is there a code ?

You can only get it if you are not under contract. You would have to have your own equipment to get it as a new customer.

You can get the welcome pack if you ask for it, does not require that you own your equipment and you can be under contract, if you have hd you will not get hd channels just sd, the DIRT team can confirm this for you.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)