Welcome Pack

I was going to drop my Dish service because of the price increase until I found these forums and this thread. Thanks for the info! I'd be happy just to have the locals for $15, the rest is just a bonus to me. With this package and netflix I'm set and saving money.

Wow, talk about sudden unemployment today and my wife a couple of weeks ago, I called and told them I'm gonna fall behind at almost 95 bucks a month.

I went with the Welcome Pack and Superstations...which means I cut out a lot of sports out with no Espn or CSN Chciago....but at least I keep a signal on till things get better.....:)

:mad:and the heartbreaker was forgetting to keep my PBS National feed as I had it for 14 years and grandfathered in and I like that channel and watch it often.....called back to say please keep that....and no dice:eek:

I wonder if one of the Dish reps who monitor this forum could plead your case about the PBS national feed? Like you, I have had the PBS national feed since I first got Dish 13 years ago and I probably watch it more than any other station.

I wonder if one of the Dish reps who monitor this forum could plead your case about the PBS national feed? Like you, I have had the PBS national feed since I first got Dish 13 years ago and I probably watch it more than any other station.
We do realize how many people miss the PBS national channel. I went ahead and placed a programming request for both of you. It would be nice to get this channel back!!

I concur. Even though in SD, I watch it often enough that I would miss it. I will be extra careful not let it get deleted.

So I dropped down to the Welcome Pack today and was surprised at how few timers I lost. It was 7 out of about 50 and no deal breakers, obviously. We'll see how it goes over the summer.

Re: Welcome Pack/Locals only question

Hi all. A newbie to the board here. Just a quick question:

Is there still a way to just get local channels for $6 per month or must you get the locals with the Welcome Pack for $14.95 per month? Thanks for any help!

There may be a locals only pack, but it is not qualifying, meaning you would have to pay a fee on your primary receiver (even if owned). Probably makes the locals only moot, as I bet it is cheaper these days than even a 311 fee + locals.

I don't believe that you can get just locals anymore unless you are willing to pay $9.00 access fee for NOT having a programming pack. For the same price $ 14.99 you get 20 miscellaneous channels from all programming pack and your locals with the Welcome pack. Seems like a no brainer to me to pick the Welcome pack and get something of value for your extra money.

I don't believe that you can get just locals anymore unless you are willing to pay $9.00 access fee for NOT having a programming pack. For the same price $ 14.99 you get 20 miscellaneous channels from all programming pack and your locals with the Welcome pack. Seems like a no brainer to me to pick the Welcome pack and get something of value for your extra money.

Locals only are simply not offered anymore. There's no way to get them (that I know of, I know someone mentioned having them after the change).

You'll have to get the Welcome Pack for $14.99 (includes locals), that's the lowest you can go

Locals only are simply not offered anymore. There's no way to get them (that I know of, I know someone mentioned having them after the change).

You'll have to get the Welcome Pack for $14.99 (includes locals), that's the lowest you can go
I may be remembering wrong but when subs could get locals only package, wasn't there also a five dollar charge on top of locals for not having a standard pack?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)