Welcome Package + Blockbuster@Home Poll

Who else would pay an additional $10 a month to add Blockbuster@Home to the Welcome Package?

• Total voters
The BB package was available to Welcome Pack customers for only a few months - DISH then pulled the availability without notice. I called a week later to add it but they would not. Being a 15 year customer, I tried to explain that I could spend $10 with DISH or give it to Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime but DISH wasn't interested. Given the chance, I would add it.

Read above - $10 may not be feasible for your package depending on what that package costs Dish. Dish is not getting $10 from you, they are getting anything over the cost of providing it.

I assume they want you to call in to switch back to the WP if you do move away from it
The fact that the website still shows it for new subs (just a different number to call) shows its still available

Update - it actually does tell you to call if you are a current subscriber and want it. It's on the programming page.
(I must have no life to take time to actually research this... :( )

empiretc said:
Funny... did the same.

Seems a lot of people get this setup for their folks, lol.

I also had a co-worker who got divorced and she wanted a more affordable package. Got her talked into this and Encore and she loves it. She is a sports fan but only for Washington (previous grad) and keeps asking me if Pac-12 will be "stand alone" or, as we guys say, a la carte. :)

I used DIRT through SatGuys to change to the WP earlier this year, and worked like a champ... got the bill down to $30/month total after warranty, taxes, and DVR fee's which is NICE. So as far as I know it's still available.

As for paying $10/month for Blockbuster, I'd have to say no I wouldn't do it. I already pay $9/month for Netflix which works fine enough for us, plus we have like three Red Box locations within 1/2 a mile from us to get the newer stuff. So we're good without it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts