welcome to red :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
well I sold my ps3 and I am getting HD DVD player for my 360...dont get me wrong I liked blu ray, but the ps3 has no games, and also seems HD DVD isnt in the dire straights (sp?) i thought it was, so with that said, is now the right time to get a hd dvd add on for the 360, or will there be a better deal come christmas time do you think? also dont tell anyone on the Blu side, but I think HD DVD has a shot at pulling this war out if they keep delievering the cheapest player and the cheapest disks!

Welcome to the dark side :) I might suggest not getting the 360 add-on and going with a discounted A2, I think there is a deal in the powerbuy forum. If I recall, the add-on doesn't upconvert, no hdmi, etc. Either way, I love my XA1 and am already thinking about upgrading to an A3!

For the25 dollars more- Price for the add on is 175, I'd go with a seperate unit that does not require the 360 to be running. No sense in tempting the
3RL.

I agree, if I would have waited I would have gotten the A2 or some stand alone version.. it's pretty close in price and if you're xbox breaks and you have to send it in (I did ) then you'll still be able to watch movies..

the hd-dvd drive isn't a bad deal I think they are giving away 8 movies with it in some locations.. I doubt it'll get better than that..

only plus side to the hd-dvd drive is you can use it on your PC if you wanted to.. the drivers are available through bitorrent

Stuart, I thought you were a big warhawk fan? Are you sure you account wasn't hacked and someone else posted that for you? ;) heh, just kidding!

I agree tho, not many good games on the PS3. Everyone keeps saying that will change next year with MGS and FF coming out. Even so, that's only 2 games.

I've contemplated selling my PS3, as I hardly ever use it. So far I can't give it up just because of blu-ray.

-John

Stuart, I thought you were a big warhawk fan? Are you sure you account wasn't hacked and someone else posted that for you? ;) heh, just kidding!

I agree tho, not many good games on the PS3. Everyone keeps saying that will change next year with MGS and FF coming out. Even so, that's only 2 games.

I've contemplated selling my PS3, as I hardly ever use it. So far I can't give it up just because of blu-ray.

-John

I was and am a big warhawk fan, but other then that, madden runs better on the 360, and right now the library for the 360 is massive compared to the ps3 (which with all the games released for it takes up 3 rows at walmart compared to 2 whole sections). also the movies I had/wanted were for both blu ray, and also there were some that I wanted that was for HD DVD only. Now this could all change when my son gets a little older as he will want Disney DVDs, but I have to decide at that point what to do then as right now we have 30 disney dvds alone, alot of them an old catalog that probably wont be released on blu ray.

also you guys are right, the A2 might be the better option, I keep forgetting there is a player that cheap. I am going to look into it and see what the best option is, anyone have any info if after the 5 free HD DVD deal is done, if they are going to have any other deal?

Probably have to wait till after my April wedding to splurge on this stuff :(

yeah you dont want to start off on the wrong foot :)

by the way for 200 I got the HD DVD player plus king kong, Bourne supremacy, Batman Begins, and Polar express for the wife, plus my 5 free HD DVDS, so for 200 I got a hd dvd player and 9 HDDDVDS!

Welcome to the dark side :) I might suggest not getting the 360 add-on and going with a discounted A2, I think there is a deal in the powerbuy forum. If I recall, the add-on doesn't upconvert, no hdmi, etc. Either way, I love my XA1 and am already thinking about upgrading to an A3!

The 360 does a great job at upconverting DVDs. You don't even need the HD-DVD add-on for that. The newer 360s do have HDMI.

The 360 will output true 1080p with HDMI or with a VGA cable if you have an older 360. The rules prevent them from doing 1080p over component. The max you will get with component cables is 1080i.

I have a 360 from December 2005 that still works great and the HD-DVD add-on does a great job on HD-DVD movies.

The 360 HD DVD player does a great job at upconverting to full 1080p and has fast load times...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)