Well, I cancelled Dish

Might as well have two 211 receivers and pay the $40 fee to get EHD to make each one a DVR than to have one 222 (if Dish Network will allow you to do that).

Thats the route I think that I would like to go. I just have to figure out if I want to keep dish for another 2 years, because I'm sure they will want me to sign another 2 year contract.

All I can really say is that customers complain, complain and complain and threaten to cancel if they don't get their way. Dish has no choice but to offer you discounts to stay, which takes away from their bottom line.

So when a customer really does cancel their service, why should Dish pay to ship their equipment back? claudes quote ends..........

Customers can complain about the charge all day long, but I think as far as Dish is concerned the customer cancelled, and they can get away with it because there is nothing further that can be done to save the customer. If they are loosing the customers business for good, then why not pass the final shipping costs along to the customer?

Well since customers are a large pool of people constantly churning between providers its best to first hold onto if at all possible and second leave on nice terms in case they EVER want to come back.

just like quitting a job, be nice give plenty of notice, and treat your old whatever with respect on way out door.

ANYONE who is unhappy with E over the return receiver fee can hit their bottom line.

When they leave their current home remove everything E related:) Take down the dish, remove all the coax or cut it in multiple places:) toss switch in trash:)

so whoever follows at your home will need a costly COMPLETE install:)

But it is a little sneaky that they put the label in the box to use, and then in the fine print on the paperwork they say there is a charge to use their label. When you look at it, $15 to use their labels are a bargain!

So if you return it w/o using the label to the correct address is it only the cost of shipping that one pays?

ANYONE who is unhappy with E over the return receiver fee can hit their bottom line.

When they leave their current home remove everything E related:) Take down the dish, remove all the coax or cut it in multiple places:) toss switch in trash:)

so whoever follows at your home will need a costly COMPLETE install:)
Subcontractors have it bad enough. Don't be a douche.

I've never seen so much bitching and complaining. Everyone expects something for nothing.
DISH Network brought real competition to satellite & cable tv. They offer the lowest prices, a great selection of High Definition programming. Everyone who signs up gets a great deal usually for first 12 months. They can't controll what programmers charge, but they try real hard to keep prices low. It takes them over three years to start profitting with a customer. For you leaving Dish Network, dont let the door hit you in the ass. Chances are several months down the road you'll be back sniffing around for another new customer deal. So the cycle continues.

The complaints seem a bit silly.

1) One reason Dish Network is less than Cable is because they don't need office infrastructure in every city or town they have subscribers in. So you pay a bit less... however, the price of this is if you want to send back the receivers, you need to mail them, instead of being able to just drive them the five or ten miles to the local office. Returning my TWC receiver was a breeze. Using their service sucked!

2) Why shouldn't Dish Network charge the customer to quit using their service? A customer is probably leaving to take advantage of another cut throat sale by Uverse or Directv. So Dish Network puts in this charge that makes going for the change less cost saving... meaning that you will probably stay with Dish Network unless you want a Service because of the Service, not because you can get all the channels for $40 a month for the first 12 months.

People seem to think that Dish Network should accommodate their cheapness and wanting to play every provider off of each other. Some fees may seem expensive, Dish Network overcharging for programming (Platinum) is unethical among other things. However, Dish Network wanting their receiver back and not wanting to pay for the shipping because their customer is taking advantage of a cut throat sale is hardly irrational. Why should they pay for an additional expense that you would be costing them?

This is true...I have completed my commitment and was told that I had to pay $15 per receiver if I cancelled my service.

If they are loosing the customers business for good, then why not pass the final shipping costs along to the customer?

I told a customer last week if they didn't want to pay for the shipping, then keep the service :)
imo, it's a good idea to leave at least a decent level of customer service at the end when a customer is cancelling.

Perhaps the customer is canceling for other reasons besides being dissatisfied with service/price.

It definitely doesn't leave a good impression that you're getting extorted for additional monies on the way out.

Plus i don't see any end in sight at this point. If customers start accepting these garbage fees, we'll surely see more of them in the future. Next they'll charge extra for the box or extra for phoning up customer service, etc.

imo, it's a good idea to leave at least a decent level of customer service at the end when a customer is cancelling.

Perhaps the customer is canceling for other reasons besides being dissatisfied with service/price.

It definitely doesn't leave a good impression that you're getting extorted for additional monies on the way out.

Plus i don't see any end in sight at this point. If customers start accepting these garbage fees, we'll surely see more of them in the future. Next they'll charge extra for the box or extra for phoning up customer service, etc.
It isn't extortion when it is printed right on the back side of the contract. It is your fault for not reading before signing so don't make Dish the bad guy for your ignorance.

"You are responsible for and shall bear all costs and expenses of returning such equipment. A $15 charge will apply if you use a pre-paid label and empty box provided by Dish in returning your equipment; this charge is subject to change at any time."

Awesome, then YOU pay the $15 per box for everyone and we'll all be happy. :)
Why should Dish Network have to pay additional expenses caused by a person who is no longer going to use their service?

What could soften the blow is reducing to eliminating the fee if you've been subscribing for x number of years.

It isn't extortion when it is printed right on the back side of the contract. It is your fault for not reading before signing so don't make Dish the bad guy for your ignorance.

"You are responsible for and shall bear all costs and expenses of returning such equipment. A $15 charge will apply if you use a pre-paid label and empty box provided by Dish in returning your equipment; this charge is subject to change at any time."
nice try...but this is a new Dish policy after 2/1/10. How many current dish customers signed a contract after 2/1/10?

we're being extorted monies without any recourse as the cost to not return the box would be even more ridiculous... it may not meet the legal definition...but essentially that's what I think Dish is doing under these types of changes.

It's their way of getting an extra cancellation fee out of us, but not calling it one. And completely legal as they disguise it under this return shipping garbage.

Just because a company "can" charge for something doesn't mean they have to. Many of us Dish customers have reasonable expectations of good customer service.

Well a former sub MAD about the 15 buck per return fee is probably LESS likely to EVER get E again.

E would likely want them back? Plus former customers will tell their friends creating bad word of mouth:(

Besides the leased boxes are Es property.

As to destroying the remaining install on the way out?

Complain if you want BUT the company is hosing you over, its your property you have every right to do whatever you want.

Besides E should pay installers enough for a good complete job

Would it be cheaper to ship it back using a USPS Priority Mail Box? I would like to know, I will have a 522 and a 625 to return after tomorrow. Just wondering.

Would it be cheaper to ship it back using a USPS Priority Mail Box? I would like to know, I will have a 522 and a 625 to return after tomorrow. Just wondering.

I don't know if it would be cheaper, but I was told if I don't use the provided boxes and labels, I'd still be charged $15 per receiver. I called again yesterday and this was verified by another Dish agent. I still say it's just a way to stick it to us who cancel. The funny thing is, I've always been happy with Dish. I'm cancelling because we hardly watch it anymore, and we will save $38 per month.

Why should Dish Network have to pay additional expenses caused by a person who is no longer going to use their service?

What could soften the blow is reducing to eliminating the fee if you've been subscribing for x number of years.

Basically if I am no longer going to be a customer I will not pay a nickel beyond the service I used. If Dish wants their equipment back, they can pay for the shipping, otherwise SUE ME! I will cost you many tens of times more in legal fees and man hours than the $15!

See ya
Tony

I don't know if it would be cheaper, but I was told if I don't use the provided boxes and labels, I'd still be charged $15 per receiver. I called again yesterday and this was verified by another Dish agent. I still say it's just a way to stick it to us who cancel. The funny thing is, I've always been happy with Dish. I'm cancelling because we hardly watch it anymore, and we will save $38 per month.

So they're going to charge $15 if you use the labels, and $15 if you don't use the labels?!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts