Well, I cancelled Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It used to be until this February that Dish paid for the shipping as part of the cost of doing business. Now they are charging you, the customer for what they used to include for no reason other than they can get away with it.

In this case "you, the customer" is no longer the customer. In that situation, IMHO, the charge is valid.

Only if

Given the nature of their business, that customer could very well be lured back later. New fees will not make those who are leaving remember Dish favorably.

For those that are lured that easily it will be the special not the charge for leaving. They really don't want to have to give constant discounts to customers to keep them.

For those that are lured that easily it will be the special not the charge for leaving. They really don't want to have to give constant discounts to customers to keep them.

Who said it is easy? Most people don't just bounce around to different providers like rides at an amusement park. A big reason for cancellation is when people can no longer afford the service. Fifteen or thirty extra dollars is kind of rubbing it in for those people. A big draw to Dish right now is the claim of 200 channels in HD. Too bad some will be disappointed like I have been with what Dish claimed was the best picture quality in the industry amongst other things. Still, I hate to badmouth the service because it was reliable and they are winning at the channel count game, which is what most people want. It just wasn't for me.

I finally received the "box" today to return my 2 receivers. The 2 CSR's were both wrong(they said I'd receive 2 boxes, and would cost $15 per box). Anyway, $15 is better than $30.

Dish Netowork use to ship out prepaid return labels for a very long time, but that changed when new prices and promotions went in to effect on Febuary 1st 2010. They always raise prices on February 1st of each year. Also you should just tell them that you are not able to return the LBN on the dish and they should waive that part for you.

Last edited:
just another reason i own the equipment and do my own installation. these kinds of things can drive a person crazy.

just another reason i own the equipment and do my own installation. these kinds of things can drive a person crazy.

well i agree and own all my own boxes too.

but assume DVR gets turned off.

all my boxes are DVR ones, used ones will flood the market and have lost near all value......

just like E itself, zip value without DVRs

i canceled service last november. I have been extremely happy with the TivoHD + Netflix. Not to mention, the tivo can do a lot more! (damn, sounding like a fan)

I really like the 722k though. it is an awesome unit and it is sitting in my closet collecting dust (just in case).

I am guessing that even if Dish turns off the DVR function, they would leave on the EHD capability so a person could record to their external hard disk. No reason to leave if you have that, which I do.

Fitzie

I am guessing that even if Dish turns off the DVR function, they would leave on the EHD capability so a person could record to their external hard disk. No reason to leave if you have that, which I do.

Fitzie

courts may require total disable all DVT functions..........

best to begin backing up your inventory, as a precaution

i canceled service last november. I have been extremely happy with the TivoHD + Netflix. Not to mention, the tivo can do a lot more! (damn, sounding like a fan)
QUOTE]

Thats the direction I am leaning no matter what the outcome of this DVR mess. DVR fees are insane:(

Are you able to download enough of the shows you like to keep you happy?

National Geo channel is my favorite, and dont want to lose some of those shows

I really like the 722k though. it is an awesome unit and it is sitting in my closet collecting dust (just in case).

So does that mean you went back to cable? I had a TiVo Series 2 unit and I loved it when I had cable because I could record one channel while watching another, but when I got Dish my TiVo was useless because of having to record the same program I was watching. This was no real benefit for me and a real problem with the wife.:(

Ghpr13:)

So does that mean you went back to cable?

Fuzzy cable is provided in the area. We hardly watch any of the channels though as we have become spoiled with HD.

The TivoHD can do all the things I previously used my PS3 for. This is nice as the wife can use it too. The one unit does it all.

Watching shows on netflix has gotten us to the point where it is torturous if we cannot watch multiple episodes in one sitting. It would be nice if it had hulu, but that is soon going to be a pay service so I will stick to other means.

If this thing had a built in Slingplayer application, that would make it the holy grail of home entertainment! But we know who owns sling....:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)