Well, I have it, but will it work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ACD

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
Picked up the BUD today. Turne out not to be a mesh dish, but it is big, white and is it ever so ugly! It is a 10'+ Fiberglass dish with the LNB attached to an arm coming out of the center of the dish, but no LNB. The Polar mount is heavy steel angle iron and box tubing, with some adjustments, but it hasnt been used in a very long time and very rusty but appears that it can be cleaned up. It also has what appears to be a motorized screw drive to turn the dish, but no motor either and it may also be rusted.

Now, will it work and where can I get an LNB for it. If you need pics let me know, I can take them tomorrow. Being that it is fiberglass and oxidized, will that affect it in any way and will cleaning, sanding and repainted help? The dish came apart in quarter sections so it was fairly easy to take down, took it aart in under an hour, but the mount itself is still there, need to either cut the studs with a torch, or drill out the studs. One last thing, for a footing, how deep does the pad need to be?

Already have a KU dish, looking to get the C-band.

PSB, thanks for the article, it is a start. The mount for this dish is 5" cast iron pipe with three legs welded to it with what appears to be 1/4" feet that tie in the legs to the base of the pole. It is anchored to a 2'X2' concrete pad and has a height of about 3'. There are two bolts to lock in the polar mount once the dish is aligned.

Sounds nice, the pictures will help. The above web site is the perfect place to start, I would start at the home page an just keep reading. I printed out most of it today.

Just got my own BUD assembled tonight and have started scanning for C-band satellites now.

OK, going to get some pics of the parts today and get them posted. Can I post them here direct, or should I link them? I found all BB's are different. :D

I would post them here as thumbnail attachments then members can choose to open them or not depending if they have dial up or broadband. Just like the picture below.

Go Advanced

Manage attachments.....

Attachments

• Pict0007.JPG
    Pict0007.JPG
    460.5 KB · Views: 260
OK, here are few I just took.

Attachments

• dishpanel.jpg
    dishpanel.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 246
  • feedhornmountend.jpg
    feedhornmountend.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 225
  • feedhornmountside.jpg
    feedhornmountside.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 235
  • PMupright.jpg
    PMupright.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 228
Found this and wonder if it will attach to the feedhorn arm in the picture.

Attachments

• feedhornmountend.jpg
    feedhornmountend.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 210
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts