Well, I just upgraded my DVR for free

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skip Laughlin

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
For those of you contemplating the upgrade to a new DVR, I thought I would share my experience.

I currently use an HR10-250 that I bought some time ago for $900. Yep, that was a darn good price at the time.

After reading the various posts here, I was prepared to pay the standard $199 upgrade fee for an existing customer to go to the HR21-700. I only subscribe to the Plus DVR package and have never subscribed to any of the premium sports services and only rarely to some of the movie channels like HBO and Cinemax, so I wouldn't consider myself a particularly valuable customer that they would make extended concessions to retain.

Then I'd have to sell my HR10-250 on eBay and it looks like they are selling for around $100, so that would be a net out-of-pocket cost of $100, plus the hassle of running the Ebay auction, packing and shipping the unit.

In the first few sentences of the phone call, I was told that I was eligible for a free upgrade. I doubted that, but never look a gift horse in the mouth, right?. After being transferred to a couple of different higher-level folks, they said they could do a DVR swap and install of the 5-LNB dish for free. And the install appointment is tomorrow morning! Yep, I can do free.

Last edited:
That's their customer management system in action, free for some, cost for others.

You should consider yourself a good customer, because they do :)

The promotions they offer are completly based on the way their computer is setup to measure the value of you as their customer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)