Well... I think I need help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mike045

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Quebec
For the last weeks or so, I have been struggling to get FTA channels with my SkyStar 2 2.6D DVB-S PCI card. I have a 10' BUD with Chaparral Corotor II; my Ku LNB is a 11.7- 12.2 GHz, Noise 0,7 dB, and the C LNB is a standard one (system bought in 1994). I use my analog IRD (Drake 1724) to aim satellites and ajust skew; I added two power passing splitters to connect signals to my PCI card, via a Diseqc switch. When my BUD is aiming AMC 3, for example, a get good analog signals (C and Ku), for example on Ku transponder 21 I have a signal of 83 and I get no analog video so I assume that the signal is digital.
Now what are the proper values to talk to the LNBs: LOF1, LOF2, LOFSW (C and Ku)? For example, I have been trying LOF1= 9750, LOF2= 10600, LOFSW= 10700 for Ku, without success.
I am using the following to get PBS: 12110 H 14028.
Mike

Sounds like its a Standard KU LNBF L.O. 10750 for both LOF1 and LOF2......

For a Standard C-LNBF the L.O. 5150

Just doing some readings about how work LNBs. Since the control is made by my analog IRD, I do not have to care about any commands sent to the LNBs by my software, right ?
Mike

Mike045 said:
Just doing some readings about how work LNBs. Since the control is made by my analog IRD, I do not have to care about any commands sent to the LNBs by my software, right ?
Mike

Correct , but if the polarity is controled by the analog receiver , you will have to manually switch the polarity , when testing the DVB-S card . Same when you are scanning .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)