Well, I'm Back!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
After a year away at TWC, I have come back to DirecTV. I feel like I just rode a time machine from 2001 to 2013.

Can someone explain to me why cable companies don't upgrade their tech like the Satellite companies have done? I mean hell, they are HARDWIRED to each and every home. If they upgraded their tech I would think they would be able to kill the satellite biz (my parents still won't switch to satellite because of the misconception that it always loses signal).

?Instead, they just lost me as a customer, again!

Welcome back! Not seen you post in awhile.

Welcome back to the future. My parents also have TWC, and I have them just about ready to switch over, due to the CBS dispute.
I also don't understand why the cable companies, with all of their money, can't make a decent receiver/ DVR.

The question to ask of cable customers is when they do lose signal how long before it comes back?

With sat delivery it most likely will be back within 10 min.

I haven't lost my signal more than a handful of times.
And only once did it stay out longer than 10 minutes due to a very larger thunderstorm.
And the good thing is the signal returns when the storm passes.

If a storm takes out cable, the company needs to roll a truck and that might take a day or two.

Welcome back! Not seen you post in awhile.

Life happened man. Since 2008, I have moved cross country and had two kids. Still very interested in the Tech, unfortunately my attention gets spread out more than I would like. I will say do check out the page often, as Satelliteguys is still on my bookmarks bar. Its always been one of the regulars.

I have given up trying to convert my parents (my mom just told me they are so happy, that they are now only going to be paying 170 for their phone/cable/internet package instead of 190 because they dropped some channels..whooohooo!). If I was ever able to convert them, and the dish was not dialed in correctly and lost signal frequently or if it went out for 10 minutes during a thunderstorm in the middle of Big Brother, I would never hear the end of it. (nevermind the fact that they could watch it on demand, an option that their cable company doesn't even provide.)
?

Can someone explain how to change my signature line?? I went into my profile, but cannot find a way to edit it!

Welcome back!

I'm out of town using Cox Cable.
The hddvr is awful!!
It makes me really appreciate Directv and its technology whenever I'm away from home.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts