Dish recommendations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

maulder

Original poster
Aug 21, 2013
United States
My dish was damaged in a storm and I need a new one. All I know is that it was a slimline dish. I would like to find a used one on ebay, but I'm not sure which dish will work with my system. I have a 1 HR24 DVR and 2 HD receivers. Can someone give me a recommendation? Thanks!

:welcome to Satelliteguys maulder!

All Slimline dishes are the same. The lnb may be different. How many cables come from the dish? If one, then you have a swm type lnb. Hold the dash key down and you will get an osd telling you such if you have a swm setup. Which ever type, swm or non swm, replace it with the same type.

:welcome to Satelliteguys maulder!

All Slimline dishes are the same. The lnb may be different. How many cables come from the dish? If one, then you have a swm type lnb. Hold the dash key down and you will get an osd telling you such if you have a swm setup. Which ever type, swm or non swm, replace it with the same type.

I assume it is not a swm. It had 4 cables coming from a single lmb. Which type is better?
?

Definitely not a swm lnb, although it's possible you have a swm8 switch somewhere. How many cables to each dvr? If two, then there is no swm8 switch. Neither is necessarily better than the other. It depend upon your equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts