Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dgenx321

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Calcutta, Ohio
I have both D and E.

I have D strictly for Sunday Ticket. So Im moving to a new house on the other side of town and I called Dish and they set the move up at no cost. I just got off the phone with Direct and they want $150.

Ive never heard of such a thing?? What do I have to do, threaten to cancel to get it for free?

How long have you had Directv?

How long have you had Directv? The movers connection is free, but I think there is a one year wait from sign up.

ke4est, I see we think alike! :)

Yep, that is why the charge to move.

I still think the charge is a cheap move on D's part. Ive never had cable or E even come close to charging. When I was moving back form college E moved me for free after 6 months..

Both DIRECTV and DISH require a minimum programming level and "other factors" for a mover special. If you don't meet that requirement, they don't move you for free.
DIRECTV MOVERS DEAL: Offer Details said:
Offer available once in any 12 month period for qualifying customers only. Qualifications based on tenure, package level, payment history and other factors.
DISHMOVER said:
*Fee may apply for select customers based on type of account and programming subscription.

Oh I know. I was a Dish Tech for three years and if the custy was nice Id go the extra mile. If they were a prick I gave them what was required, but nothing more..

Out of curiosity, why do you have Dish at all? Unless you like the Superstation pack, G4, or Epix, I can't see why anyone would want Dish Network. Not trying to start a battle, just curious...

Status
Please reply by conversation.