Well, I'm switching to D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I could've went with the ethernet cable but I didn't want to run it through the whole room so I'd figure it wasn't worth the trouble. Besides, if I wanted to watch Youtube, that's what my computer is for.;)

Sounds like you have the wireless CCK. I tried that and the network password deal was one of the reasons I went with the regular wired CCK. I'm going to be buying an actual wireless repeater/bridge to replace the one I have that wasn't designed to work that way but does with 3rd party firmware. You need that ethernet connection if you want to do any of the free video on demand stuff.

Sounds like you have the wireless CCK. I tried that and the network password deal was one of the reasons I went with the regular wired CCK. I'm going to be buying an actual wireless repeater/bridge to replace the one I have that wasn't designed to work that way but does with 3rd party firmware. You need that ethernet connection if you want to do any of the free video on demand stuff.
That's the thing. I've never used any VOD at all (regardless if it was free or not.) and honestly, I'm probably not gonna have the time to use it, so if I'm not gonna use it, I'm not gonna spend my time running another wire in my living room.

I could've went with the ethernet cable but I didn't want to run it through the whole room so I'd figure it wasn't worth the trouble. Besides, if I wanted to watch Youtube, that's what my computer is for.;)

No you want it for VOD. DIRECTV's VOD kicks DISH's ass. :)

If your wireless router support WPS you can just press the button on the DECA-W when you start the WPS pairing on your router, that should also work.

No you want it for VOD. DIRECTV's VOD kicks DISH's ass. :)

I can't like this post enough! It's one of the first things I did after our install and one of the reasons I'm glad we have the faster internet speed at our house.

For those who are new to the Directv VOD you select whatever show(s) you want to watch and it downloads it to your receiver which you can watch later on. It's very similar to what the cable companies VOD offerings are from the various networks.

It's one of the first things I did after our install and one of the reasons I'm glad we have the faster internet speed at our house.
same here. I use to download VOD at the house with 1.5MB DSL...basically I'd queue it up at night then go to bed
Now with 12MB it downloads much quicker :)

For those who are new to the Directv VOD you select whatever show(s) you want to watch and it downloads it to your receiver which you can watch later on. It's very similar to what the cable companies VOD offerings are from the various networks.

yup. But note there is a timeframe for the VOD. (expiration dates)

Interesting thread.....I'm coming to the "dark side" this Friday, weather permitting. Original install was scheduled for tomorrow morning, however 4-5 inches of snow changed my mind. I called and rescheduled.

I'm going to wait until it is all installed and working before calling Dish to cancel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts