Well Tate-

wad

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
syracuse, ny
ive decided that i honestly like squinting better. im just getting trying to get used to working backwards, as far as installation goes. its also nice that as soon as im at pointing done, im literally 95% done, just paperwork, pics, and cleanup. by the time ive done those, ive got my state code25, remove dapt, 2 minutes to cutover and im out. ive got them down to the same time as a ku install, 2-2 1/2 hrs. less if you figure im having a problem with the vision server, or waiting for an aot. for example i did an aot on wednesday from sm6 to amc3 due to the fact that we have mountains and trees up here. sat around from 2:30 until my third finally got it done at 4:00.

cool. I love the fact that once you exit pointing the modem automatically starts downloading. The only problem I see and you will agree, most techs are not going to spend the time to squint properly "using the same side in both readings". Have you heard any feedback from any of your customers so far?

i havent really heard any cx feedback. i personally have ran several tests at different servers. most seem to be pretty stable and consistent. then again, i dont see the operation under weather issues, longevity and reliability, nor fap issues. i cant tell you how much ive been stressing to techs ive been training, 6 DIFFERENT squint readings. im sure you know by now, any corner cut WILL ALWAYS come back and haunt you. ive always believed that if im going to take the time to do a job, i might as well do it right the first time. nothing like going back on a 3 month old install with tx issues, and finding no ground.

2-2 1/2 hrs is pretty fast. Maybe I'm just slow. It usually takes me 3 to 3 1/2 hrs on ku.

time doesnt matter as long as you do the job properly. ive also been doing vsat for 8 years, and i still learn something new all the time. with ku though, i typically build dish, mount, run ifl, hookup idu, register, (while waiting for software) take pics, do paperwork, after software, run validation, demo to cx, leave. typically with ku, 2-2 1/2 hours. im not trying to brag either, but my work is clean. i am kind of a freak about aesthetics. nothing like having a 2x3' dish staring at you as soon as you pull in the driveway.