Were You Grandfathered With The HD-Pack? If Not Time Has Ran Out

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The point still is how many people would know about it. I personally don't go into the Directv website to check or change my programming every month. I might go into it maybe once a year if I am lucky.
I understand your point. i'm sure D* will notify at some point. Like when your channels disappear.:D

i assume this is the tier that D* will add the non-premium movie channels. it seems these are just hd-movie channels that aren't hbo,max, etc.

Upgrading my package as follows...
Current Package
Network: CBS from NYC/LA$2.25 /
MONTHLY TOTAL CHOICE PLUS-no local$48.99 /
Monthly HBO, STARZ!, SHOW$34.00 /
Monthly HD Access$9.99 /
Monthly Network: NBC from NYC/LA$2.25 /
MONTHLY SHOWTIME HD$0.00 /
included w/SHOWTIME Service HBO HD$0.00 /
included w/HBO Service Starz HD$0.00 /
included w/Starz service HR20 New Service$0.00 /
_HR20 Network: FOX from NYC/LA$2.25 /
Monthly DIRECTV DVR Service$5.99 / Monthly
Monthly Total$105.72 / Month
with the add on of the HD pack...
DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK$0.00 / 3 Months Free

Got the extra pack 3 months free but I know for sure had it not been for this forum giving out all this good info I would have never known about it. Ya'll keep diggin' out the secrets for us.

Thanks

Bill

Glad I kept my HDtivo active with the old HD package in my bedroom. This will be interesting. :D

I doubt you will be covered under the grandfathering. You have mpeg4 equipment as well as mpeg2. That will likely disqualify you.

I believe the cut off is tomorrow. Maybe midnight, possibly 6 AM est.

I just called them today and asked when the extra pack would go into effect. They confirmed my account to have the extra pack included in my 9.99 a month HD access until feb '08. Then I would have to call them to add the extra pack at that time.

Mne was cut off ths morning as well, even tho I was told mine was good thru till feb '08. I called them and was transferred to a tech support person saying there was a glitch this morning and some people got turned off by mistake. I was reactivated and was confirmed I had till Feb to add the extra pack on. I was on a promo 9.99 for a year package for my HD access.

DIRECTV Ends 'HD Extra Pack' Preview

DIRECTV Ends 'HD Extra Pack' Preview

High-def owners must now pay $4.99 a month extra for five channels.
By Swanni

Washington, D.C. (December 16, 2007) -- DIRECTV today ended its free preview of a five channel High-Definition TV package.

The 'HD Extra Pack,' which includes MHD, Universal HD, HDNet Movies, Smithsonian HD and MGM HD, now costs an extra $4.99 a month.

However, the first three months are free after you sign up. To order the package, you must call DIRECTV or adjust your account at DIRECTV.com.

In addition to the $4.99 fee, DIRECTV HD subscribers must pay a $9.99 monthly "HD access fee" to receive the remaining high-def channels.

However, you don't have to pay an extra fee unless you order the HD Extra Pack.

The HD Extra Pack channels have been included in the $9.99 programming tier since September when DIRECTV began expanding its high-def lineup. The satcaster said at the time that it would move the channels to the $4.99 'Extra' tier in mid-December.

DIRECTV had planned to include HDNet in the Extra Pack as well. But HDNet filed a lawsuit to block the move. The companies settled the suit this month, agreeing to move HDNet Movies to the Extra Pack but keeping HDNet in the $9.99 tier.

MGM HD and Smithsonian HD went dark this morning when DIRECTV began to end the free preview. The remaining HD Extra Pack channels are expected shortly to go dark, too, unless a subscriber orders the $4.99 package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts