west coast HD feeds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tiraggi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
long island n.y.
Is anyone else in the New York area having problems with the west coast HD feeds? I'm getting a message "for ordering information call ext...". I just got off the phone with D* customer service rep who said "technical difficulty" is the problem and they are working to restore it. We'll see

you can't have west HD feeds if you live in NY

Mountain & Pacific get West coast HD feeds
Central & Eastern get East coast HD feeds

I never got the DNS letter informing me of any changes or choices (I have been a DirecTV sub since 1996, with DNS for many many years) yet today was d-day for the extras I was getting. Seems the NAB and the affiliates are really putting the screws to us DBS folks right now with this BS they lobbied to get added into the new SHVEA version. Funny how they can waste their time getting this ASAP yet they fight to stall FULL conversion to digital/HD. They should all be whipped.

tiraggi said:
Is anyone else in the New York area having problems with the west coast HD feeds? I'm getting a message "for ordering information call ext...". I just got off the phone with D* customer service rep who said "technical difficulty" is the problem and they are working to restore it. We'll see

I lost mine a month after my install...

What blows my mind is they still offer the SD feeds............makes no friggin sense to me!
If they are so concerned with people watching things earlier than in their time zone or not watching their locals as opposed to DNS why have them at all?
You get them all or Nothing.......
Therefore, it's all about the HD football we could get without ST.
Can't convince me otherwise

rkr0923 said:
Therefore, it's all about the HD football we could get without ST. Can't convince me otherwise

It has NOTHING to do with DirecTV and thusly the Sunday Ticket, it is 1000% about the local affiliates (via the NAB and their local cable company partners) bithcing and moaning to protect the illegal monopoly on what they claim as their ad revenue market, they want their customers to have no other choices but to watch what THEY (the affiliate) decide on, their local programming, their syndication and their ads, no matter how good or bad. They are greedy, lazy and small minded! They want to maintain the one-sided advantages they still have on DBS; if they lost everything and had to compete on a 100% level competition playing field they know where they would end up!

Any local channels west of the pecos? I added the local channels and they still give me the LA networks in HD and both LA & NY in SD.

With network viewership slipping 18% last year, you'd think they'd WANT viewers. Screw'em. I love my DSL and internet.

After 3 phone calls last night (1st tech tried to transfer me and hung up, 2nd put me on forever hold and 3rd time automated sys gave me a number not in service) and being put on hold for 20 minutes I had to give up and go to bed... will try tech roulette tonite (futilly)

charper1 said:
It has NOTHING to do with DirecTV and thusly the Sunday Ticket, it is 1000% about the local affiliates (via the NAB and their local cable company partners) bithcing and moaning to protect the illegal monopoly on what they claim as their ad revenue market, they want their customers to have no other choices but to watch what THEY (the affiliate) decide on, their local programming, their syndication and their ads, no matter how good or bad. They are greedy, lazy and small minded! They want to maintain the one-sided advantages they still have on DBS; if they lost everything and had to compete on a 100% level competition playing field they know where they would end up!

Wrong!
gonna have to do better than that......I can still watch DNS E&W, just not in HD. So, tell me how that helped the local guys?????

I lost all HD feeds of both NY and LA. After spending nearly 40 minutes on the phone waiting for the rep to "research" the problem, he turned the NY ones back on (I'm located in the centeral time zone) and kept repeating there have been recent "changes" in SHVIA that require them to stop the LA HD feeds. I requested a supervisor, but when I was connected with one she could not explain why it is OK for me to receive SD feeds of LA, but not HD feeds.
In addition, I just got the HD TIVO (the $299 rebate special) and agreed to a 2 year deal 9 days ago. And, when I stated a desire to be released from my deal since I was promised both HD distant feeds at the time of commitment, they stated that they will hold me to the $12.50 per month for each month remaining on the commitment.

Craig Davis said:
I lost all HD feeds of both NY and LA. After spending nearly 40 minutes on the phone waiting for the rep to "research" the problem, he turned the NY ones back on (I'm located in the centeral time zone) and kept repeating there have been recent "changes" in SHVIA that require them to stop the LA HD feeds. I requested a supervisor, but when I was connected with one she could not explain why it is OK for me to receive SD feeds of LA, but not HD feeds.
In addition, I just got the HD TIVO (the $299 rebate special) and agreed to a 2 year deal 9 days ago. And, when I stated a desire to be released from my deal since I was promised both HD distant feeds at the time of commitment, they stated that they will hold me to the $12.50 per month for each month remaining on the commitment.

Tad confused, are we supposed to be able to get East and West coast feeds? I've never been able to watch those channels and I have the HD package. I'd love to get CBS/ABC/Fox/NBC in HD but it seems to be antenna dependent (totally impossible where I live in san diego as I'm directly between the broadcast towers). do these channels also come over satellite?!

Edit:

Just checked with DTV and the answer is no. as for local hd channels, i'm screwed, no way around it. sd has hd channels but because of my location there's no way for an antenna to get all the channels. i get one half or the other half. can't get all of them. :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts