west coast HD feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't see what all the bitching is about, You still get the HD feed from your coast and the sd feed from both coasts, You guys act like its the end of the world, Get a life or a TIVO. They can only give you what the law says. Send letters to your congressmen if its that important too you.

Plywodstatebum said:
I don't see what all the bitching is about, You still get the HD feed from your coast and the sd feed from both coasts, You guys act like its the end of the world, Get a life or a TIVO. They can only give you what the law says. Send letters to your congressmen if its that important too you.

Why the diff between SD and HD feeds? Same pic. Same commercials. Same evrything except for the clarity. You don't find this funny?

Boondockbill said:
Why the diff between SD and HD feeds? Same pic. Same commercials. Same evrything except for the clarity. You don't find this funny?

Because the law makes a distinction between analog and digital signals. Of course it is funny, but what does congress do that isn't funny?

The FCC bent to the pressure of the NAB your affiliates and their partnered local cable operators. They held a huge advantage in the SD arena for decades now they are fighting to preserve that same advantage in the DT arena.

dfergie said:
Just got off the phone with D*... a lady tried for a bit then transfered me to a man... I have my West Coast HD feeds back...:) I called this number 1-800-600-8977

Thats all good, but what exactly was the reasoning that they and/or you provided, so that we can say the same. OR are you just getting the west alone like you should have all along?

dfergie - can you explain what dept. the person who restored your west coast feeds was in, and what the circumstance was that persuaded him to do that? I've been trying and trying to get them to do the same for the last few days, but no luck.

charper1 said:
Thats all good, but what exactly was the reasoning that they and/or you provided, so that we can say the same. OR are you just getting the west alone like you should have all along?
The man profusely apologized for D* cutting them off, I had been with D* since 96 and probably had the Dns since then also... I have the letter that stated I would lose the East Feeds but keep the west...I got the number from the Hd tivo for $299 thread, I think it is a Retention Department number, but as I said the Lady tried to see what was up and transferred me to I think the Hd eligablility departement... Btw... I asked him about Mpeg 4 and was told this Winter:D

Came home today and had my SD West coast channels back on. Pissed me off, Do you know how long it took me to change my tivo prefs in the first place.

And if you believed her I got an HD DVR MPEG40 with 10terabytes of Hard drive for only $50 bucks! :D sorry, couldn't resist. when coming to sat providers either dish or direct I NEVER trust their answers to when things are coming.

dfergie said:
... Btw... I asked him about Mpeg 4 and was told this Winter:D

so, are you getting both east and west feeds??

VERSE13 said:
Came home today and had my SD West coast channels back on. Pissed me off, Do you know how long it took me to change my tivo prefs in the first place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)