Western Arc--- VS ---Eastern Arc?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You could have 4 sats w/ a DPP 44 switch. It has 4 inputs for sats. So it would be possible to have 61.5, 72,7, 77 & 110 or 61.5, 72.7, 110, & 119. Those combos will also work.

I have 61.5, 72.7, 110, and 119 all on separate dishes (I'm in a woods, with tall trees) on a DPP44 switch with a VIP622, and it all works fine.

It almost always picks sat 72 for most channels. My SD locals are on 110 however, and my HD locals are on 61.5. I've been thinking about removing 119 from the mix, as I believe 72 is a complete duplicate (plus more) of 119 sat.

Added 11:35am: Ok, I just went through every channel I have with AT250, Locals, plus Platinum to look at which sat they were locked to right now. I discovered that the only channels presently using the 119 sat, are the Audio, CD, and Sirius music channels. Those are also on 72.7 sat, so I'll disconnect 119 sat for sure shortly. There are maybe 10 channels other than my SD locals, that decided to lock to 110 sat. Almost ALL other channels (with the exception of the above music channels) are presently using 72.7 or 61.5

Last edited:
Thanks primestar31, Good information. I have put the service call for the Eastern Arc conversion on hold with Dish until the ground thaws. All I discussed about the move has been noted in my account for a later date. The installation will involve setting a couple of new poles side by side, one for the Dish 1000.4 antenna and one pole next to it for the single LNB antenna pointed at 110 for my locals. I already have the DP Plus switch and all my receivers are VIP . I should be ready to go and can say goodbye to the trees blocking 119 and 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts