Wet Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The last I looked,"G4",Galaxy 16 @99w,channel 16 preacher."C3",AMC 11@131w,ch 7 cspan,ch 13,TWC encrypted,the only thing the might work for but unlikely."C4"AMC 10@135w,ch's 9 and 10 shopping.All except the weather channel are in the clear analog,no "module" needed.

Receiver works good. I don't have servo cable ran from the dish to the house, would cat 5 cable be a good alternative? I hooked up a spare servo and feedhorn and when the polarity changes it turns a little less than 1/4 turn, is this right?

Cat cable is too small of gauge. It might work, but not recommended. Servo and sensor connections should have a shield with drain wire connected to ground. Many hobbyists will suggest using sprinkler wire. That will work for some systems, but motor noise and terrestrial RF cause many control and sensor errors. Always best to use appropriate gauge and shielding.

The servo will rotate approximately 90 degrees when switching from a horizontal transponder to a vertical. This is a menu setting in the legacy receiver when configuring each satellite. Just remember that using a legacy receiver to control dish positioning and polarity, the correct satellite and polarity will need to be selected for a DVBS/S2 receiver to scan or watch a channel. If the DVBS/S2 receiver is switched to another channel on the opposite polarity, the legacy receiver must also select that polarity. A pain in the rear, so you may want to consider upgrading to a modern controller or controller and LNBF to allow the DVBS/S2 receiver to automatically control the dish position and polarity.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Looks like I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and buy some ribbon cable. The servo looks to turn a little less than 90 degrees, I'll give it a try with the dish tonight.

I had no idea that the module was modified, I will remove and discard the eprom. Not going to be using the module anyway. I'm using the receiver for a polarity controller only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Underground Splice

Intermittent Actuator Problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts