WGBH 44 or similar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Inno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
NW Ontario, Canada
I would like to find WGBH 44 which is a secondary Boston PBS station for my Mom. She gets the regular WGBH feed on her Bell satellite system but 44 is not available. I'm wondering if it is available on satellite, I did check The List but didn't find that channel directly. There are a lot of PBS channels and feeds on AMC21 so I'm wondering if one of them might be close to the programming on WGBH 44?

one of the subchannels on 44 is World which is on 125W

othewrwise it looks like a lot of programming is just repeats from the "main" (2)

I'll have to find out which shows she is looking for. All she told me is that on the main channel she sees ads for shows on 44 that she would like to watch.
I should be able to catch either of the previously mentioned satellites from her house. For 125°W I might have to go off the garage roof but 87°W I should be able to get from the same location as her Bell dish.

Last edited:
Personally, from Halifax with a 1-meter dish, I've had an easier time to receive PBS on 125W solidly even though its elevation is only 11 degrees compared with LPB on 87W which is significantly higher in the sky (24 degrees higher) so it would normally be an easier shot.

I asked her what shows she was looking for and this was her response "British dramas and detective shows. Such as Inspector Lynley, Dalziel & Pasco, Frost, Midsomer Murders etc and also Brit-Coms". I don't see any of those on LPB. I will have to check the feeds on 125° for those.

Midsummer Murders is on LPB and LPB2 this coming March. PBS is currently ITC on 61.5W as a local, but I don't see most of her shows on that one anyway. I've seen As Time Goes By (comedy) on 61.5W at midnight EST.

Added: Bell has BBC Canada with British sitcoms and series like Sherlock Holmes.
Added2: Actually, I can't find BBC Canada on Bell. Shaw Direct has it.

Last edited:
Check out OETA (Oklahoma Public Broadcasting) and Montana Public Broadcasting, both on AMC21 (although you'll need a DVB-S2 capable receiver). They are replete with old British sit-coms and BBC drama series.

Check out OETA (Oklahoma Public Broadcasting) and Montana Public Broadcasting, both on AMC21 (although you'll need a DVB-S2 capable receiver). They are replete with old British sit-coms and BBC drama series.

Thanks for that. I told her to have a look at the schedule for OETA and see if she is interested in it. I think she would probably spring for a S2 capable receiver if she could get what she wanted with it.

Cyberham, she does get BBC Canada but it seems there are shows on WGBH that are not available on BBC Canada.
My wife and I have just started getting into Little Britain and find it quite funny.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts