WGN-HD and Sportsnet HD- BEV Question

CoachGibbs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Hey all, been lurking here for a while and just got BellVU to supplement D*. I'm in New Hampshire and went through quite a bit of hell installing. Couldn't get 82 with the dish sent to me by Kusat for the life of me so i ended up with a 2 dish setup.

Anyway, I have two questions...

1. WGN-HD and Sportsnet HD. Are these channels like the D* channels that only appear at certain times? If not does anyone know which transponder they are on? I don't seem to be getting transponders 11 and 12 right now so I'm wondering if that is why.

2. Will the time in the guide change once I activate? I just happened to notice it was 4 hours ahead and couldn't find a way to chnage it or time zone etc.

Pre-thanks for the help, looking forward to getting activated this weekend and getting more HD.

First out of curiosity, which dish did kusat send you that you could not get 82 on from New Hampshire?

My initial guess is you did not subscribe to Sports Pack1 and thats why you haven't gotten Sportsnet or WGN as they are both contained in that package.

The time is set in the setup of the STB.

HDTVFanAtic said:
First out of curiosity, which dish did kusat send you that you could not get 82 on from New Hampshire?

My initial guess is you did not subscribe to Sports Pack1 and thats why you haven't gotten Sportsnet or WGN as they are both contained in that package.

The time is set in the setup of the STB.

Kusat sent me the multi sat dish, forget the size, it only would lock on 91, no matter what I tried I could not get the dish to get 82. I finally ended up using an old D* dish for 82 and the Kusat dish for 91. I really don't care much about 91 anyway.

Also, I haven't suscribed to any programming yet, but all channels are showing in the guide, except those two stations I mentioned. They simply aren't there. i wouldn't think you would have to suscribe to the sports pack just to see the channels appear in the guide at all. After all, like I said the rest are showing. I'm started the actual programming this weekend and will order the sportspack1 if need to, but don't want to order it if I'm not picking up the stations.

As far as the time goes,you say it's in the setup, I went through every single option in the setup and cannot find it. Maybe I'm too tired and missed it, but can't see how. Where exactly do you see it?

ExpressVu has been known to delete channels in the guide that you dont subscribe to

Also, not all transponders on 82 are lit up

Thanks guys, good to know it will show up when I activate the receiver. Kinda odd that they would seem to show all the other channels in the guide without activation, other than those two. I'm hoping the guide time will change at some point then to, but that's probably not the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts