WGN HD & Comcast Sports Net HD Chicago

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sstang7

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
northwest suburbs of Chicago
Does anybody know if D* has any plans to add these 2 stations to the Chicago market so we can see our local teams in HD? Or am I dreaming that this may happen anytime soon?

sstang7 said:
Does anybody know if D* has any plans to add these 2 stations to the Chicago market so we can see our local teams in HD? Or am I dreaming that this may happen anytime soon?

All we can do is keep our fingers crossed. But since D* hasn't announce anything besides the four major networks for LIL-HD I wouldn't count it on, their busy rolling out other markets. I would recommend that you send in an e-mail comment telling them they are interested. I would think that for at least Comcast Sportsnet Chicago-HD they would want to get that on the dish since you can't get it OTA, only via cable at this time.

It has to be mind boggling how many potential customers D* and E* lose to cable because of a lack of HD rsn's

I am the laughing stock of all my friends with HD cable that watch the bulls and cubs and sox on comcastsportsnet HD while i suffer with SD on D*

I recently sent an e-mail and they responded by saying that they would forward it on to programming. I am willing to send another e-mail to them. I also sent an e-mail to Comcast Sports Net and they responded by saying that its up to Directv to add the channel space. I really think that all that are interested in receiving Comcast Sports Net should send e-mails to them. Maybe if they get enough they will add the channel. Is that wishful thinking?

I have been saying for a couple of years that what both D* & E* need to do is set up 4-6 HD sports alternate channels & put on the RSN HD games as they are being broadcast. That should be able to handle 90% or so if all of the HD games that are on on any given night. If there is too many, such as 1 game being duplicated by both teams broadcasts, open up the home team feed to both markets. Would be a temporary solution until enough bandwidth is available to carry each one of the channels full time. Since that didn't come about, I became a Comcast customer just for the Sox, Bulls (& even for the 2 Cub fans in my family). I've been happy enough with Comcast that even though I still have my supers & OLD HD pack on E*, I doubt I'll ever go back. I'm considering upping my Evu, adding the 82 location & getting one of the HD DVR's. Then I can cancel E* completely. ( BTW Evu has WGN HD!)

Sparkman,

100% agreement. Down here in Champaign, I would love to see WGN and Comcast in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)