WGN included on Direct TV HD list?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Southbaydan

Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Does anyone have a clue if WGN-Superstation and TBS will be included in the Direct TV HD National lineup? Thanks

Does anyone have a clue if WGN-Superstation and TBS will be included in the Direct TV HD National lineup? Thanks

TBS is on the projected list at dbstalk, but I don't know about WGN.

A contact I have at WGN says that their infrastructure won't be ready to provide a HD feed of the superstation until 1st half of 2008.

A contact I have at WGN says that their infrastructure won't be ready to provide a HD feed of the superstation until 1st half of 2008.

Thats cool, then it's possible that it will come along when the second sat is up and operational !

I would hope for opening day 2008 Cubs in HD, that would be inline with what has come from WGN, 1st half 08.

They also show enough movies and syndication that the content is compelling enough, and D* is big on sports in HD.

Two deep outfield shots in the 9th that would have tied it, the last 3 innings of that game were fun to watch.

TBS should be.

As an side on 1 sept TBS, here in Atlanta, will "go away" & become WCPH (don't hold me to those call letters) which will broadcast any HD National league playoff games (I think) for about 2 weeks, then they go to TBS & WCPH becomes a real local channel only with no HD. The problem, of course, for us ATLiens is that TBS is local channel 17 here & (is that 242??) & is blacked out for us locals on D* as a NATIONAL channel. From what I have read. only Comcast will be allowed to carry TBS National at first & both D* & E* will be locked out locally.

Now that is no big deal for me, as I get 17 via OTA anyway, but that would suck, if true. This is all gleamed from the Atlanta OTA thread over at avs so grain & salt are explicitly implied, but the peeps that post this kind of info over there, are usually the actual station engineers & whatnot who are involved.

TBS should be.

As an side on 1 sept TBS, here in Atlanta, will "go away" & become WCPH (don't hold me to those call letters) which will broadcast any HD National league playoff games (I think) for about 2 weeks, then they go to TBS & WCPH becomes a real local channel only with no HD.

It's WPCH, and they'll be calling themselves "Peachtree TV." Best example of what they're trying to do is to think of what Turner South was, and make it a local station.

Does anyone know now if DirecTV has plans for WGN HD? I see WGN launched their HD service a few months ago, but I don't have it yet, although I'm in NYC, so don't know if thats an issue.

No word yet, contacts at WGN said there have been no negotations yet.

DIrecTV is out of capacity until D11 becomes operational, which could happen anywhere from July to September.

D11? Is that the new satellite they launched last year? And then they will be able to add more HD channels?

Capacity of 50 more national hd to bring a total of 150 national hd.

Wow, 50? What channels are they adding? I could only think of a few that aren't in HD. Lifetime, WGN, Court TV(Tru TV)

Then, late this year or early next, they will launch D12. That will bring capacity to 200 national HD and 1500 local HD (spotbeam) sometime in 2009.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts