D* upgrade call

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

20fan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
America's Rollercoast
Been waiting for an offer I could not refuse from D* and I got it last night. Had a message from D* on my answering machine when I returned home. They want to upgrade me from my HR10-250's (1 owned, 1 leased) FOR FREE !! Returned the call today and am getting the new dish, and 2 HD-DVR's for NO CHARGE. Of course she could not guarantee which receivers I would be getting, so I signed up for my locals as well. Also getting $10 programming credit for 12 months. Will see about adjusting that local channel charge once new receivers are installed. I am in Toledo, OH locals area, and D* has no HD locals for us yet.

Can't beat FREE, ( of course 2 year committment included) :D

Been waiting for an offer I could not refuse from D* and I got it last night. Had a message from D* on my answering machine when I returned home. They want to upgrade me from my HR10-250's (1 owned, 1 leased) FOR FREE !! Returned the call today and am getting the new dish, and 2 HD-DVR's for NO CHARGE. Of course she could not guarantee which receivers I would be getting, so I signed up for my locals as well. Also getting $10 programming credit for 12 months. Will see about adjusting that local channel charge once new receivers are installed. I am in Toledo, OH locals area, and D* has no HD locals for us yet.

Can't beat FREE, ( of course 2 year committment included) :D

20 fan,
IF you get the HR20's you can run an OTA antenna thru the D* rec. and get your locals in HD that way.
I get Toledo and Detroit using an outdoor antenna and a rotor :up
Where abouts are you located ?
Also, I don't expect D* locals in HD until after the latest sat has been upand working for a while, hopefully by the end of the year.

Also if your TV has a digital tuner in it you can split the OTA signal before it goes into the rec. and feed it into your TV as well.

Jimbo

Go Jr 88

IF you get the HR20's you can run an OTA antenna thru the D* rec. and get your locals in HD that way.
Or if you get the HR21, you can ask them for the free AM21 they're giving customers that upgraded from HR10-250 to HR21 in the last 90 days.

Mine is on it's way. :D

20 fan,
I get Toledo and Detroit using an outdoor antenna and a rotor :up
Where abouts are you located ?
Also, I don't expect D* locals in HD until after the latest sat has been upand working for a while, hopefully by the end of the year.

Also if your TV has a digital tuner in it you can split the OTA signal before it goes into the rec. and feed it into your TV as well.

Jimbo

Go Jr 88

I'm located down route 20, East of Fremont. Currently get locals from antenna on a tower, but no rotor. Need access to record WTOL and WUPW prgramming mostly. Will just have to wait and see what model of receivers installer brings along. Definately will need CBS HD by college football season.

Definately will need CBS HD by college football season.

Why ???
The Buckeyes are normally on ABC and ESPN :D:D:D:D

Yes, I have to admit, Channel 11 (CBS) does a fabulous job with thier HD, I watch alot of HD programming on 11, not only sports !

Jimbo

Why ???
The Buckeyes are normally on ABC and ESPN :D:D:D:D

Yes, I have to admit, Channel 11 (CBS) does a fabulous job with thier HD, I watch alot of HD programming on 11, not only sports !

Jimbo

So now get this........... I scheduled the install for this Saturday 8-12 time slot (this would give me all day to"play"). I find out today I gotta work Saturday now. So I call D* to reschedule :mad: and find they have an opening this Friday in the 4pm - 8 pm time slot. :D
So I took it !

Jimbo, Do you have any comment on the Big Ten Network HD programming?

20fan

GO BUCKS !!

So much for non issue service

Just when I thought I was getting non issue D* service! Checked my D* bill payment today, and found I was charged $100 more than I was expecting!! :eek::eek: After a call to D* service, seems they did not apply all credits for my HD upgrade (swap). Of course, they cannot reimburse my CC the over charge, just credit my D* account !! Good thing I am not strapped for that other $100. Just pisses me off !

Recorded programs on deactivated receivers

After the new install, and the old HR10-250's are deactivated, can we still watch the programs we have recorded on those receivers? Will they work just so we can watch the recorded shows we have on them?

So now get this........... I scheduled the install for this Saturday 8-12 time slot (this would give me all day to"play"). I find out today I gotta work Saturday now. So I call D* to reschedule :mad: and find they have an opening this Friday in the 4pm - 8 pm time slot. :D
So I took it !

Jimbo, Do you have any comment on the Big Ten Network HD programming?

20fan

GO BUCKS !!

As for the Big Ten Network ....
I like it, but normally my games are not on it.
About maybe 2 games a year for the Buckeyes, still it's better than the ESPNU that use to try to do the games when they could not be on the main channels ....
ESPNU had like 1 or maybe 2 camera's located at the top of the stadium.

BTN is a godsend when the game is not on the ABC/ESPN channels.

Jimbo

S.O.B.........The order doesn't show the new dish, and he doesn't have one with him !!!!!!!!!! Looks like my previous good experiences with D* service has run it's course. :mad::mad::mad:

Well my call to the installation services number (1-888-355-7530) resulted in the following: New 5-lnb dish set to be installed on Monday. Also, (2) new AM21 OTA tuners to be FED EX'ed to me 3-5 days at NO CHARGE. I must say, that if D* doesn't get it right the first time, they seem to make it right..............eventually, at least in my experiences. :confused: :rolleyes: :smug

Well my call to the installation services number (1-888-355-7530) resulted in the following: New 5-lnb dish set to be installed on Monday. Also, (2) new AM21 OTA tuners to be FED EX'ed to me 3-5 days at NO CHARGE. I must say, that if D* doesn't get it right the first time, they seem to make it right..............eventually, at least in my experiences. :confused: :rolleyes: :smug

Sux that it got pushed back, but at least it wasn't for to long.

Call D* and talk to them about the installer not having the right stuff when he showed up, you may get a $ 100 credit for the missed install.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Any particular phone number I should use? They seem to have several different phone numbers. Luckily I have spoke with reps. that speak very good English so far.

Sux that it got pushed back, but at least it wasn't for to long.

Call D* and talk to them about the installer not having the rigth stuff when he showed up, you may get a $ 100 credit for the missed install.

Jimbo

If it's not on the order we bring no ODU. Sorry a bad as it sounds but that falls back into Directv FACE.

If it's not on the order we bring no ODU. Sorry a bad as it sounds but that falls back into Directv FACE.

Yep, the lady D* rep I talked to last night said that it wasn't even showing that the dish was to be upgraded. Doesn't suprise me that the original order taker messed up. I had to call back the next day (Sunday) to get my DVR service reactivated. That rep said it never got turned back on after the programming change. Maybe D* work processes are too difficult for their employees to understand??????????? :confused:

I had a 5 LNB dish installed when I got my H20. When I upgraded to the HR20 (1/2007), the work order had the dish listed on it. I called to tell them I already had one and the CSR said they always put it on the order to make sure that it would be available. It looks like things have changed.

I also had to call back to get DVR service activated on the H20 (it was still there on the account for my R15, however).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the installer, it's definatly D* that didn't put the order in correctly.

Isn't a 5 lnb dish ALWAYS suppose to be placed/replaced when a sub gets a mpeg 4 receiver, provided he doesn't already have one ?

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.