What about 110 west??????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

r10fret

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
FL
So now that MPEG-2 HD is gone from the 110 satellite what is next, some say the international is moving to 110 and 119 from 95, but I don't see directv wasting there time and money transitioning internationals there for 3 measly TPs, instead I say directv is going to abandon 110 and the cost of keeping a satellite there and instad move the satellite to 119 for backup. Best case would be for them to negociate to trade 3 TPs at 110 for 3 at 119 considering, they have allowed dish to gain capacity at 72.5. This would give dish the full 32 TPs @ 110 and let directv consolidate internationals and Latino at 119 with 14 TPs.

Why not utilize 110 for Internationals?

Right now folks who want Int'l and HD need a Slimline 3 or 5 and a 95 dish.....

consolidate everything and move 95 stuff to 110. Then if they want SD its a Phase III and HD would be a slimline. Makes it easier :)

Because why keep a satellite at 110 fo 3 TPs when they could trade, that satellite isn't getting any younger.

Also acording to this link TPs 23, 24, 28, 29, 32 @ 119 all should be free from HD now.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dtv119&sub=true&sort=TP

The only stuff left @ 119 is the 3 TPs 26, 27, 30 worth of Latino and the Spotbeams TPs for Locals Tps 22, 25, 31.

They have 8 Tps for internationals @ 95 but they dont use one of them now TP 23 and another is already being cleared of Polish plus the Jade world channels are already duplicated at 119. So they could go down to 6 TPs and still keep them MPEG-2

Last edited:
Because why keep a satellite at 110 fo 3 TPs when they could trade, that satellite isn't getting any younger.

why not? The sat is still working just fine.

I doubt Dish would trade anything. The only reason they got slots at 110 in the 1st place is due to a lawsuit years ago and part of the deal was D* had to surrender some slots at 110.

I find it hard to believe that any corporation would let their most expensive asset like a satellite and/or transponder space go idle and lay in waste for a week, if not a month, if not 3 months, but that sure seems to be what is going on with directv @ 110 and more than half the conus TPs on 119 right now. They have no wheels in motion so I guess 110 is being abandoned?????

There is no evidence 110 is being abandoned. We just don't yet know the plans for the 3 TPs there and any unused capacity on 119. While it does seem silly to have a satellite at one location for only 3 TPs, and a trade with Echostar for 3 TPs at 119 would seem to make sense from a sat utilizatison perspective, there does not appear to be any motivation, especially for Echostar, to do such a trade.

I am curious if they will deploy MPEG-4 on those 3 TPs, and if they will indeed be used for International channels migration off of 95w. Same question (MPEG-4) for any presently unused TPs on 119.

I would think this is on hold, pending D12's successful activation. Having some "spare" bandwidth with a big new bird in the balance "could come in handy"

110/119 is nearly certain to be used for internationals, or perhaps expansion of more locals markets. Most likely, however, internationals. 119 could always have expansion of Spanish programming as well, including HD (nothing said on that, just throwing it out there).

What you will not see on 110/119 is more English HD. (or SD for that matter)

I still get the 70s channels, so I think they are still being used. I don't think it's a remap of the MPEG4 channels because they disappear if I change the dish to 'Slimline-3' in the satellite setup...

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 108
I'm still holding onto hope that they put the 3D content at 110W. As few takers as there are likely to be, they can replace any SL3s that those customers have.

Giving up bandwidth is not an option.

I still get the 70s channels, so I think they are still being used. I don't think it's a remap of the MPEG4 channels because they disappear if I change the dish to 'Slimline-3' in the satellite setup...

its a remap. I have a Phase III (101/110/119 only) and on those channels it says "tune to channel _________" and if I select say 70 it shows a slate that the channels have moved and a test to check if I need a equipment upgrade

I'm still holding onto hope that they put the 3D content at 110W. As few takers as there are likely to be, they can replace any SL3s that those customers have.

Giving up bandwidth is not an option.

They way the sat Dishes are set up, having 110w means you also have to have 119w. That is a problem for a lot of people in the eastern U.S. due to trees, so I would be surprised to see any national, English speaking channels at 110 or 119.

They way the sat Dishes are set up, having 110w means you also have to have 119w.
The core programming is on 101W and many SD LIL channels are on 119W with nowhere to go, so 110W is not a big stretch until such time as the SD LILs go away.

So a few more weeks have lapsed, what is on 110 right now?

I cannot see the 3 directv transponders @ 110 because I have directv worlddirect dish for 95 +101 and I get directv 119 from my dish1000+ 110,118.7,119,129 dish. I am able to take the 119 from dishnetwork dish and use the 13 v side straight thru and run the 18v side through a dishpro adapter to lower the LO, but the exotic freq shift that directv uses to move the 3 lone transonders @ 110 from transponder 28-32 to 8-12 is not possible from a dishnetwork LNB and I am not installing a 5th dish.

Those HD channels (between 70-99) are gone from my guide now. I do not know of anything on 110 right now

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)